Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hardware 4.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a plaid last week... right after I did, I got a message in the app to go to my account to agree to some contract or something. The verbiage basically said it was a US-less vehicle, and stuff like autopark may not work until a future firmware update. Estimated delivery prior to 3/31 (at least right now); I'm guessing that means it is a HW4.

I will be ordering a Model S next month. What should I look for at delivery to determine whether it is a hardware 4 car or not?
I have an old Feb 2022 MSLR, but from what I read on the forum: side repeater cameras, different front facing cameras configuration, some place in menu > software > details is says AP4. Probably other things . You have time before your car gets here to read up on TMC. Just do a search on HW 4.0. And...congrats on new car coming!!! Awesome car.

My model S build date was 03/23. My software version is V11.1 2023.2.201. I took delivery 03/24/2023. Is there a way to find out the H/W version? I purchased FSD but it still isn't available. I don't have Park Assist or Summon. I have not received any software upgrades. Does anyone have clue when they might be available?

My model S build date was 03/23. My software version is V11.1 2023.2.201. I took delivery 03/24/2023. Is there a way to find out the H/W version? I purchased FSD but it still isn't available. I don't have Park Assist or Summon. I have not received any software upgrades. Does anyone have clue when they might be available?
If the cameras have a red tint on the outside of the car it’s hw4