TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Harrisburg Supercharger to Wexford, PA

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by PokerBully, Jun 9, 2016.

1. PokerBully

PokerBully Member

Hi,

I'm making the trek from Philadelphia to Wexford, Pa. The nav is telling me that I need to make two stops, one in Harrisburg and one in Somerset. Has anyone made this trip? I would love to do a straight shot from Harrisburg to Wexford as we will be traveling late and I want a minimum number of stops.

I know there is a decent altitude change but wanted to hear if anyone had done this before or if it was too risky.

Thanks!

2. mmccord

mmccord Member

It looks doable with a 100% charge in an 85D or 90D. It's going to be faster to make two stops though. That last 5% takes a while...

We do Pittsburgh <> Harrisburg and usually skip Somerset and it looks like Wexford is only about 15 extra miles. We stop for lunch in Harrisburg though, which is why we end up with extra charge.

3. PokerBully

PokerBully Member

Makes sense. I have an 85 S, which means it might be a tad to long for me. I'll just go with the two stops, one in Harrisburg and one in Somerset and try to make up any lost time with speed :)

Thanks for the help!

4. mikeash

mikeash Active Member

That sounds like the best plan. By stopping at both, you'll be able to drive faster! It'll cut down your total time too.

5. PokerBully

PokerBully Member

Good point. It's a different way to travel - trying to get used to it :)