Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Really loud double beep on the inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a used Model S a few months ago (in the UK so right hand drive car) and it's been really good. I'm fairly used to all the usual bings and bongs that go on. However, while driving on the motorway today, there was a really loud "BEEP BEEP" (exactly two beeps) and it sounded like it came from the B pillar on the driver side (on the right hand side). My son who was in the back of the car on the left side, also said it sounded like it came from the right side of the car near the B pillar. There was no message or anything displayed on the centre display or the dash display. There was nothing going on around the car that would correlate to any need to beep. My phone was connected to the car via calling and audio but I don't believe there was any message that was received at the time it happened.

Any thoughts or suggestions on what this might have been?

I purchased a used Model S a few months ago (in the UK so right hand drive car) and it's been really good. I'm fairly used to all the usual bings and bongs that go on. However, while driving on the motorway today, there was a really loud "BEEP BEEP" (exactly two beeps) and it sounded like it came from the B pillar on the driver side (on the right hand side). My son who was in the back of the car on the left side, also said it sounded like it came from the right side of the car near the B pillar. There was no message or anything displayed on the centre display or the dash display. There was nothing going on around the car that would correlate to any need to beep. My phone was connected to the car via calling and audio but I don't believe there was any message that was received at the time it happened.

Any thoughts or suggestions on what this might have been?
You get a loud double beep after you’ve ignored a series of warnings to move the steering wheel a tad, whilst autopilot is engaged

It’s Tesla’s version of Blindspot warning. Supposed to beep twice really loud if you are about to hit a car in the adjacent lane. Mine goes off all the time when I fly through a toll booth. It freaks out thinking the wall is a car I guess. Very loud BEEP BEEP.
Just had this happen in my MYLR and it sounded like it was coming from the left b pillar as well. This definitely makes sense since there was no other indication on screen that something happened. I assume this is because the offending car would be highlighted red but since it didn’t exist, there was no on screen indication.

• Informative
Reactions: MitchMitch