Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious if those that have had it installed and have gaps now have any ceramic or other coating on their paint?
Yep nothing on the paint for me either. Just the way it was installed. Could just be the double sided tape that is not adhered properly or is not positioned properly. At least I hope so, I would be shocked if there was a defect with design of the spoiler itself. Especially after rumors that they had to redo them due to issues

Mine just has the small gap at the top - it's flush at the bottom. This looks pretty bad -- and I'd imagine airflow there at high speed could force it off.

Mine is attached pretty well structurally, I don't think it would pull off because of wind. I can pull on it or hold it to open/close the trunk too and it holds well.
@DJung:

Looks awesome. Do you have a direct shot ( looking from the rear )? Thx.

Sorry it's been rainy and overcast lately, but hopefully this helps:

kAbEfYC.jpg

rzIXRIr.jpg

Lol I arrived for something else and asked about it and the guy said they have them now. Then he told me that he would check the price and I was like wot?.......

Anyway he confirmed service centers are NOT reaching out to people. But instead telling them if they visit.

Anyway mine is ceramic coated so I'm gonna have my coating guys install it

Lol I arrived for something else and asked about it and the guy said they have them now. Then he told me that he would check the price and I was like wot?.......

Anyway he confirmed service centers are NOT reaching out to people. But instead telling them if they visit.

Anyway mine is ceramic coated so I'm gonna have my coating guys install it

are you on the West Coast?

latest WORD from san diego service center is ‘SOON!’

when queried as to how many times I’ve been told
‘soon’ and ‘spoiler’ in the same sentence in last 6 months...

the reply was ‘there’s going to be an event’ as if that
would add more credibility to the aura of this failure?

and again, ‘SOON’ didn’t come with a date, just ‘standby!’

I just made black the exterior accent color via CF mirror caps, chrome delete on the window trim and turn signals, and dark grey powder coated wheels. So a CF spoiler will fit right in with the theme.

I get it, but my reason for white pearl is I didn’t want black?
dark murdered wheels are a generational thing, my age
group still is attracted to lighter colored metal looking wheels.

Mine is black, matching the roof rack and spoiler. I didn’t plan it, I just chose the least-expensive paint option.

Can the spoiler be painted? I guessit would be easy to spray paint before installation.

given the spoiler is realisticcally an appearance item,
I hesitant to make large accommodations to adapt
something that takes more effort for little return?
the existing trunk shape is sufficiently well designed,
in kinda a 911 RS type shape, almost looks sinful
to bury it under an add on appendage?

I get it, but my reason for white pearl is I didn’t want black?
dark murdered wheels are a generational thing, my age
group still is attracted to lighter colored metal looking wheels.
I mostly wanted to emulate the black+white color scheme of the car I replaced (R8). I'm not into the murdered out look either, which is why I went with grey wheels instead of black. If you don't like the spoiler's color, I'm sure it can be painted body color for a reasonable price. Otherwise you can sell it. I'm certain you will find plenty of buyers :)

Reactions: Jaywlker
Do you mind taking some pix once it's all done? I'll consider doing the same depending on the results
So Tesla Service came by today and fixed the spoiler. Looks MUCH better now, it is now flush with the body. There is a small gap (~1 mm but I think that's just the adhesive) but you can barely tell. Took exactly 23 minutes to fix.

Before, if I pressed on the right side the spoiler would move a little bit downwards. Now if I push down it is rock solid and will not budge.

79oA4A3.jpg

oK1E1ke.jpg

Last edited: