Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would think the only way freemont is going to own this FAIL
is with pictures of such events, posted far & wide!

I hope you got shots, and I hope you embarrass them into
reworking the solution, as clearly this isn't solved!
I didn’t. I just pulled them out and left. I can take pix next time but seems like others would have the same issue. I am guessing it’s from the car sitting under the tree and when I started driving the leaves moved and got trapped in the groove.

Or I can just put the leaves back in place and take some pics. They are still on the floor in my garage.

Here's the latest close-ups. Not sure if it's getting worse or has stabilized...

thumbnail.jpg thumbnail-1.jpg

Just like Teslas are “supposed” to have panel gaps. ;)
LOL, right.... Honestly though even if they are or arent suppposed to be like that the slight 1mm gap just at the tips doesn't bother me considering all the other installs I've seen. Now if all of the others looked perfect, then I might feel differently....

I just picked up my factory Model 3 Performance edition carbon fiber spoiler, however I prefer not to have a spoiler. These aren't generally available yet to the market, except for current Performance owners.

I'm looking to unload this, preferably locally. I live in San Jose, CA and can meet around the area, and possibly ship.

Message me if you're interested.

Attachments

• IMG_7124.jpg
    IMG_7124.jpg
    605.1 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_7125.jpg
    IMG_7125.jpg
    941.3 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_7126.jpg
    IMG_7126.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_7127.jpg
    IMG_7127.jpg
    726.6 KB · Views: 135
I just picked up my factory Model 3 Performance edition carbon fiber spoiler, however I prefer not to have a spoiler. These aren't generally available yet to the market, except for current Performance owners.

I'm looking to unload this, preferably locally. I live in San Jose, CA and can meet around the area, and possibly ship.

Message me if you're interested.
I think you will have better luck in a separate thread. Everyone in this thread is already entitled to a spoiler.

to my eye GAP = NO GO!

leaves may not pose a long term problem,
but if you caught your shirt sleeve or
belt loop in the outer edge gap...

someone please point to another manufacturer
that installs spoilers with gaps such as this?

otherwise this is an exercise in compliance.

Service moved my appt up to get spoiler tomorrow - we'll see what revision part I get, and how the install goes
Which part of TX? Be sure to report back the part # (on the side with the adhesive tape)!

Forgot to mention, I just got notified that the badges are in so I have an appointment on Sunday to install it. They will also take a look at my ill-filling spoiler at the same time.

Mobile tech came today to replace my prototype spoiler as it was lifting a little bit. Well the new one ain’t perfect fit either as it is still lifting up about 1mm on the passenger side. Will see in a few days if it gets worst

There are some differences between the prototype and the new revisions. The revised one is thicker and the edges are a tiny big longer to make it more stand out. I am not really sure if I like the revised one over the prototype.. see for yourself

6F0AF1F3-36EC-494B-BB8C-64752ACBD394.jpeg 7798EB65-92B3-4373-AFEA-518A943BC25B.jpeg CF598473-65A2-41EA-A084-38986731F40D.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: is2scooby
We're in DFW. With regards to badge - I'm torn. We have chrome delete, powder coated wheels, and dark tint - so dont really want the chrome looking badge. I may see if they will let me have the badge so I can try to plasti-dip it (all but the red underline). I think wrapping it would be a PITA

DF7D2913-DE67-4D15-8677-5D784549E213.jpeg

Got my spoiler and badge installed today by Mobil Tech.

Two weeks ago I scheduled an appointment via the App to install the spoiler and badge (just to see what would would happen) and last week Burbank Tesla called me and scheduled an appointment.

Tech said they got a large shipment in and were going to install based on vin but the shipments had no Vins assigned so they just started installing.

Pic above is of the test fit...there’s a very small gap on the corners after install but nothing I’m going to complain about unless it gets worse.

Reactions: CrazyCoconut
Mobile tech came today to replace my prototype spoiler as it was lifting a little bit. Well the new one ain’t perfect fit either as it is still lifting up about 1mm on the passenger side. Will see in a few days if it gets worst

There are some differences between the prototype and the new revisions. The revised one is thicker and the edges are a tiny big longer to make it more stand out. I am not really sure if I like the revised one over the prototype.. see for yourself

View attachment 395176 View attachment 395177 View attachment 395178
Woah they look way different. Did you catch the part number?

We're in DFW. With regards to badge - I'm torn. We have chrome delete, powder coated wheels, and dark tint - so dont really want the chrome looking badge. I may see if they will let me have the badge so I can try to plasti-dip it (all but the red underline). I think wrapping it would be a PITA
I also have chrome delete and powder coated dark grey wheels. I plan to plastidip the Dual Motor part black and the underline completely red. Haven't decided if I want them install it and I'll dip them while they are already on the car, or just ask them leave it with me and I'll dip and install them. My main concern with the latter is proper alignment without the jig.