Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoiler install went pretty good - it was the 1455166-00-A . Ranger came and had the jig to use to align it. He said he had done more than 10 before this one. He also was nice enough to give me the dual motor performance badge - and agreed that I could paint or plasti-dip it and then they'd stop by and install it (he had a jig for that also).

Here's a couple pics

IMG_20190409_102048015_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190409_102658705.jpg

Spoiler install went pretty good - it was the 1455166-00-A . Ranger came and had the jig to use to align it. He said he had done more than 10 before this one. He also was nice enough to give me the dual motor performance badge - and agreed that I could paint or plasti-dip it and then they'd stop by and install it (he had a jig for that also).

Here's a couple pics

View attachment 395444 View attachment 395445
To each their own, but the badge is going to look out of place on that GT350. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life

Here's a couple pics

View attachment 395444 View attachment 395445
Seems like there's a small gap at the end? Any gaps in the middle? Hard to tell from the picture.

I would get some auto 3M tape and trim to fit inside. Once on, put some blue tape on it to secure it down for a few hours. I think it'll hold and make it flush. If not, at least the tape will be "whole" instead of missing like that.

View attachment 395576 One side is flush and this is the other. Not sure if it’s worth fussing with and I’d rather fix it myself. Any ideas on how to get this down a little more?
If the spoiler's curve doesn't conform exactly to the car, no amount of 3M adhesive tape will make it stay. I've tried with very thin CF trim pieces in other projects using the strongest 3M adhesive tapes you can buy. It will not stay down if the curvatures do not match.

Reactions: is2scooby
Yeah it seems like I can push it down a bit to make it more flush, so I will try the tape and see if it works. Thanks guys! Fingers crossed!

You can try glue but that makes it way more permanent. I would use a heat gun and warm the tape up when you install new team. Then use masking tape to hold down the spoiler for a few hours. Hopefully that will get it to bond better

Seems like there's a small gap at the end? Any gaps in the middle? Hard to tell from the picture.

very small gap at the ends - I tried pushing the spoiler flush, but it relaxes back to the same shape once pressure is removed. Not sure tape would do much more than just fill the gap. No gaps in the middle - both the ranger and I were putting pressure on the spoiler to help get it seated as well as we could. As long as it doesnt grow, not a big deal

To each their own, but the badge is going to look out of place on that GT350. ;)

LOL - that could lead to some serious confusion :)

very small gap at the ends - I tried pushing the spoiler flush, but it relaxes back to the same shape once pressure is removed. Not sure tape would do much more than just fill the gap. No gaps in the middle - both the ranger and I were putting pressure on the spoiler to help get it seated as well as we could. As long as it doesnt grow, not a big deal

LOL - that could lead to some serious confusion :)
Mine looks just like yours. Totally flush except for the tips. Looks great and I'm totally fine with it!