Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are a couple from further back. 20190326_151144.jpg 20190326_151204.jpg

I had mobile service today for an unrelated issue. Without asking him, he offered up my dual motor badge although he saw my self applied P3D badge so said he could just leave it with me. We got into a discussion about the spoiler. He said the quality issue has led to a freeze on installations while they await a redesigned spoiler, expected in May.

Just another data point to this whole thing.

I had setup a appt for yesterday to do a tire rotation (mobile service). The tech showed up and said he had my spoiler and badge at first and then realized he didn’t have the badge. I was able to get my spoiler on though and I wasn’t expecting that yesterday.

View attachment 390895 After 6 months this is the same vague answer. I can’t blame the messenger only the unsubstantial message ....:oops:

@Sg911,

Sooooooooo.....is this shipment they’ve supposedly ‘ramped up’ to the Service Centers the NEW V2 Spoiler because the V1 spoilers were not working, coming up on the corners/ends, warped and ill fitting? That’s the question. I think not. And I agree I think it’s lip service right now.

STILL waiting for mine over 7 months later....coming up quickly on a year....(no badge either yet).

Ski

Reactions: Sg911
The right side of the spoiler on the one I got installed yesterday is already starting to lift. I haven't even taken the tape off yet.
ridiculous... i'm definitely waiting on the confirmed revision. seems like some service centers are willingly installing defective spoilers to get people off their backs. and some are actually sending them back for the revision. I'm betting anyone that gets their spoilers installed now are getting one that will lift.

Last edited:
mobile service contacted me today and will be installing my spoiler on friday... sounds like i'm getting the faulty spoiler?

If it fits well...well its not defective. If it doesn't well...its defective. I was at the mobile service event in early February where they installed the badge and spoiler and saw a variety of installs. Its part technician experience with the tool (which isn't the best), part spoiler quality. So if I were you I'd give it a shot or see how it goes.

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911
Willis, did you remove the black caps on the rims? It looks awesome, Did you have add anything after your removed the black plastic? Also have the 3p+ So looking to do myself.

Good looking spoiler and car!

I pulled off the little center cover and bought the Tesla wheel cap kit. I don't think it's impacted my kWh much at all. I plan to put them back on if I go on an extended road trip.

Also, I asked the mobile tech to test fit it before having him apply it. Fortunately, the first out of the 3 or 4 he had looked good to me.

It seems like not 100% are defective, but there are way too many with fitment issues, hence spoilers V2.

Reactions: Sputnik19
I had a Tesla Mobile Service Ranger come out about 2 weeks ago to replace a small plastic piece beside my side mirror that was protruding fairly bad.

I had mentioned to him that I was waiting for the Spoiler and Badge and he said he had the badge with him. I told him no I would wait until Spoiler came in since he was ready to go. He told me he would order a part that needed replacing on my car and they would schedule a Service when it came in. (silver piece running down top was fairly scratched)

Last week I got a text saying that my part was in and they wanted to schedule an install. I thought it was just the silver piece but when Ranger Rick got here he rocked my world when he said he got everything.

I like it although it is hard to see on black. Sorry for the crappy shots I am going to take better ones later but I knew I needed proof.

I live 2 hours from the SC so maybe having a Mobile Tech roll out will help.

I checked the part number and it is the same part number referenced "A". Fits fabulousl
Spoiler1.jpg Spoiler2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sg911 and Skione65