Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you feel any PPFed surface, it's just as slick as normal paint. I don't know about anyone else, but I have a lot of aftermarket CF bits on the car, and they are all glossy CF. It would look weird have a matte CF spoiler with all other glossy CF bits.
but the oem spoiler is matte carbon fiber right? It's not glossy. i don't know, my PPF front feels a bit more "rubbery" than a slick painted surface. and the spoiler feels dry in raw form. i don't think i would wrap it but will just give it a nice layer of wax.

but the oem spoiler is matte carbon fiber right? It's not glossy. i don't know, my PPF front feels a bit more "rubbery" than a slick painted surface. and the spoiler feels dry in raw form. i don't think i would wrap it but will just give it a nice layer of wax.
Yes, OEM spoiler is matte (lots of pictures in this thread). I don't know about you, but I don't often touch my spoiler :) If I didn't have all of the other glossy CF stuff, then I would probably leave it matte.

FAIL!
Tech came today to install my spoiler. He appeared to be a noob and his hands were shivering as he taped down the template onto my trunk. I immediately knew this was accident waiting to happen. The center portion of the spoiler was not flush and you can probably fit a penny in there. Gonna have to go the service center and get it reinstalled.

Now the good news -
Part # is on the attached photo per request. I can confirm that the spoiler will snug perfectly on the trunk with no lifting corners and etc. You will just need somebody with the experience to do it. My advice is that do a test fit first with the masking tape and the template on. Adjust as needed then stick a long painters tape near or the on the Tesla emblem. Bring the tape over the spoiler and tape the other end on your trunk. Cut the tape where the spoiler and the trunk meets and use the remaining tape to align when you are doing the actual install. Tilt the spolier up slightly and stick and turn the spoiler into it's natural position. Push down firmly from top to bottom then onto the sides. This will ensure your spoiler is flush on the top portion.

Attachments

• IMG-7173.JPG
    IMG-7173.JPG
    209.8 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG-7180.JPG
    IMG-7180.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 144
Two techs came and installed the spoiler. They only had an AWD badge, so I'll have to schedule another appointment for the Performance badge. As for the spoiler, I'm only the 3rd person in my area to get them. The techs don't even have the jigs yet, so they were using jig-free install instructions (there are two sets, one for with jigs, one for without), which basically involves marking positions with tape. Both sides are flush, but the middle isn't quite flush. It's not as severe as Chasis' case though. Same part #, 1455166-00-A.

IMG_0503.JPG IMG_0507.JPG IMG_0508.JPG IMG_0514.JPG IMG_0509.JPG IMG_0512.JPG

Last edited:
Two techs came and installed the spoiler. They only had a AWD badge, so I'll have to reschedule for that. As for the spoiler, I'm only the 3rd person in my area to get them. The techs don't even have the jigs yet, so they were using jig-free install instructions (there are two sets, one for with jigs, one for without), which basically involves marking positions with tape. Both sides are flush, but the middle isn't quite flush. It's not as severe as Chasis' case though. Same part #, 1455166-00-A.

View attachment 393415 View attachment 393416 View attachment 393417 View attachment 393418 View attachment 393419 View attachment 393420
Looks good. Interesting that they needed 2 techs to install the spoiler. I am getting impatient waiting for mine...

Picked up the car Dec.7 2018, still waiting on my local service center to call / email me ( It's what Tesla support center email me they would when its ready ). I'll probably not install the Dual Motor Badge. I've chosen to use Abstract Ocean P3D badge instead.

Reactions: focher
They said normally it's one person. They had a 2nd tech that is training.
How long was it?
Picked up the car Dec.7 2018, still waiting on my local service center to call / email me ( It's what Tesla support center email me they would when its ready ). I'll probably not install the Dual Motor Badge. I've chosen to use Abstract Ocean P3D badge instead.
I'm in the same boat. Got the car Dec 9th. Waiting on service center to contact me. I also won't be installing the Dual Motor Badge and will install the P3D badge instead like you :)

Reactions: focher
How long was it?

I'm in the same boat. Got the car Dec 9th. Waiting on service center to contact me. I also won't be installing the Dual Motor Badge and will install the P3D badge instead like you :)

I know the reason you haven't gotten yours.

You live in the entire USA like your profile states. Its going to be a long time before they deliver the spoilers to the entire USA.

LOL....

Great, got this email in the morning:
We received your booking request for April 9th. After discussing with the technician what happened during your last visit, I understand you are still waiting on the performance badge for your model 3. I apologize as we do not have the dual motor performance badges currently in stock in Austin. An order has been placed a week ago and we expect them to arrive shortly. However, since they do not currently show to be expected prior to 4/9, I am cancelling your appointment at this time. I have generated a concern so we can track your badge and ensure we will reach out to you to schedule when it arrives.

Also, one end of the spoiler MAY already be lifting :( Will keep a close eye on it.