Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone scratched their front bumper on a parking lot curb or parking block?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my Silver AWD Model 3 front bumper in the parking lot at my work.

As you can see there is very little clearance and if I moved in just a little further the front bumper would have been scraped by the curb.

The height seems to be higher in my Model S, as I never have issues with bumper clearance at my work parking lot and the lip of my Model S “hangs over” the parking lot curb without any scrapes.

Has anyone else noticed this?

21FF4E80-00E0-4291-8D7E-2EDE0EEECD7B.jpeg

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: alseTrick and fseir
Oh I forgot to add, I have the 18” wheels on the Model 3.
My S has 19” which might explain the increased clearance...?
The size within the given Model 3 or Model S doesn't matter, as the 18",19", and 20" Model 3 tires all stand the same height (within a small fraction of an inch), for example. However the tires on the Model S, be it 19" or 21"(?) are a different height. Still that the vehicle between the tires and the bumper is all different so it's the end result at the bumper that matters anyway.

Not yet, but my wife and I have both scraped the passenger side front wheel on the curb. There is something about the car shape that has fooled both of our depth perceptions. I'll probably buy a new wheel once we both finish our training.

I JUST SCRAPED MY FRONT TODAY!!!!! Model 3 is LOW!!!

I was going about 1 mph- seriously. I was pulling out of a parking lot of a store I'd never been to before, onto a main road. It had a slight down hill but nothing that seemed worthy of a second thought! No traffic was coming so no hurrying at all. I just pulled out and SCRAAAAAAAPE!!! Its like running over your dog- it's awful and you can't undo it!!!! I NEVER expected to hear that awful sound!- a billion times worse than fingernails on a chalkboard! I'm too mortified to even take a picture. I couldn't even look for about an hour. It's the first time I've missed my Jeep since delivery day. Superrrrrrr sad face.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911