Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone seen gray seats with Titanium exterior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on an S85D in the Titanium color with the panoramic roof, but am unsure about interior colors. I'm leaning toward gray next gen seats, black alcantara headliner, and glossy obeche wood trim. Has anyone seen this combo? Especially the gray seats with the Titanium exterior? If so, what did you think of it? The only Titanium car I've seen in person had tan seats. Thanks for any opinions!

I have seen the Titanium and the grey but not together on the same car.
But, so what? When you look at the car from outside, it is difficult to see the interior if windows are rolled up. And from inside you can see very little if any of the exterior paint. So why not choose them independently?
I know most people go for certain combinations that appeal, but practically speaking, I would get what you want. My guess is that you will spend a lot more hours inside the car looking at the interior colors than you do outside the car looking at the paint....
FWIW, I ordered a red paint with grey interior, also a relatively uncommon combination. We liked how the grey would go with the piano black interior....

I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on an S85D in the Titanium color with the panoramic roof, but am unsure about interior colors. I'm leaning toward gray next gen seats, black alcantara headliner, and glossy obeche wood trim. Has anyone seen this combo? Especially the gray seats with the Titanium exterior? If so, what did you think of it? The only Titanium car I've seen in person had tan seats. Thanks for any opinions!
I have seen Titanium cars with black and tan interiors but never grey. I think grey would look bad with that paint color. Just my opinion, color choices are idiosyncratic.
Note: my S is silver with a grey interior, so I have nothing against grey, per se.

Sounds exactly like my 3 week old 85D. Love it, although I've been told I have no fashion sense. The grey interior complements nicely the titanium exterior. Although I briefly considered it, I avoided the tan interior after I heard a comment "looks like something my grandparents would get".

Well the interior and exterior are two totally different environments in the Model S. Pretty much you cannot see the car's exterior color when inside.

That said, the Titanium is a warm color actually and the grey is cool and in bright sunlight appears pale. I think the Grey would go well with carbon fibre.

What are you doing with the headliner's color?

Is your partner involved in the choice or are you doing the choice on your own?

I was very intrigued by the Titanium exterior color until I and my wife saw one at our local SC.
Immediately she said "NO %43@! way are you getting that color.... " .... so that was that.

Well the interior and exterior are two totally different environments in the Model S. Pretty much you cannot see the car's exterior color when inside.

That said, the Titanium is a warm color actually and the grey is cool and in bright sunlight appears pale. I think the Grey would go well with carbon fibre.

What are you doing with the headliner's color?

Is your partner involved in the choice or are you doing the choice on your own?

I was very intrigued by the Titanium exterior color until I and my wife saw one at our local SC.
Immediately she said "NO %43@! way are you getting that color.... " .... so that was that.

Black headliner, for two reasons: afraid light colored one would get dirty, and I like things visually simple so don't want three different colors in the interior. And I'm making the choice on my own: Mr Coasts says "this is really your car, you should get it exactly the way you want it." One of the many reasons to love him.

i had concerns about the cool vs warm tones thing, so very much appreciate everyone's input about that, the carbon fiber, the inside/outside separation, and Sublight's experience with the color combo I'm considering.

Sounds exactly like my 3 week old 85D. Love it, although I've been told I have no fashion sense. The grey interior complements nicely the titanium exterior. Although I briefly considered it, I avoided the tan interior after I heard a comment "looks like something my grandparents would get".

That's good to hear, thanks. If you get a chance to post pics, would love to see them.

I think the paint, seats and décor are personal decisions that you should just select and not worry about anyone else's opinion. You're going to spend more time looking at it than anyone else, get what you want.

EXCEPTION - ArtInCT is a very wise man. Happy wife, happy life.

Our VP of Sales just took a trip out west and test drove a Titanium 90D in Santa Clara which had grey next gen seats. He raved about how much he liked the combo (not sure he told what HL/décor it had.)

I honestly think it's hard to screw up the combination of interiors offered. Some people go on and on about the continuity of having black seats/black HL. I hate that look and would never want dark/dark interior. The pano/white HL has a great open feel to it, especially with a light PIL package (extended nappa leather trim.)

I don't care if tan/grey with white HL has a 3-tone look from the rear. I don't sit back there.

:)

That's good to hear, thanks. If you get a chance to post pics, would love to see them.

That's exactly the color combo I have. Will try to post some pics later as I have issues with the file size.

- - - Updated - - -

That's exactly the color combo I have. Will try to post some pics later as I have issues with the file size.

IMG_1672 (1).jpg

Thanks for the picture. Did you see the color combination in an actual car before you ordered yours? And are you happy with how it looks now that you have it?

Sorry for the late reply, I was on a business trip.

No, I did not see the car in real life, only pictures. I really like the color combo. I think it looks different from all the Model S I see on the street. Most are either black, red or white.
I would go for the same color combo again.