Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone seen a rear hatch extender for the Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the market for a Tesla but there are occasions (6 or 7 weekends a year) when I need to carry 4 passengers and 2 larger dogs in the cargo space for 300km / 190 miles.

Current vehicle is an 2018 Opel / Vauxhall Insignia Sports Tourer for an idea of space that I am after.

I've tried the Model Y and Model X but the sloping roof lines impact on the dogs space too much and I am wondering if the hatchback of the Model S could solve the issue should there be a "wedge" style product that could hold the hatch open and extend the cargo space? Rather crud drawing below:

Capturewedge.JPG

Has anyone seen one of these?

Is it crazy to try and get one fabricated?

I've seen people redesigning the Model S into Estates / Shooting Brakes and they look amazing but I suspect in New Zealand that would be a considerable expense.

Cyber Truck will arrive one day but that day is even further away for RHD.

I'm in the market for a Tesla but there are occasions (6 or 7 weekends a year) when I need to carry 4 passengers and 2 larger dogs in the cargo space for 300km / 190 miles.

Current vehicle is an 2018 Opel / Vauxhall Insignia Sports Tourer for an idea of space that I am after.

I've tried the Model Y and Model X but the sloping roof lines impact on the dogs space too much and I am wondering if the hatchback of the Model S could solve the issue should there be a "wedge" style product that could hold the hatch open and extend the cargo space? Rather crud drawing below:

View attachment 918360

I've seen people redesigning the Model S into Estates / Shooting Brakes and they look amazing but I suspect in New Zealand that would be a considerable expense.

Interesting idea, but you might have to just do it old school and open it up and then tie it down securely for those one-off trips.

Reactions: zoomer0056

View attachment 918360

I put both my 60lb Labs in the back w the seats up no issues