Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has autopilot changed (TACC not disengaging)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mrklaw

Mar 5, 2020
Berkshire
Drove to Brighton today and out the autopilot on on the m25. Normally I don’t bother unless I know I’m staying in a lane because it’s annoying to keep turning off when you indicate and then on again, and having to blend the throttle to maintain speed.

but today when I indicated, the steering kicked off as expected but TACC stayed on. Made for a much simpler move - just indicate, steer then double tap to tee gage lane keeping

has it changed recently or has it always been like that and somehow I’ve not noticed? I’m much more likely it use it even on roads where I’ll need to change lanes fairly often (like I did on the m25)

Apologies for the old thread resurrection but I didn’t want to get into bother for creating a new thread.

I’ve got a M3LR. I’ve had it since December I don’t have eap or fsd just basic tacc. Simple question really. I engage tacc by pulling down on the right lever but although it engages fine how do you tell on screen? The little grey steering wheel at the top of the screen just stays grey.

Wouldn’t it make sense to turn the wheel blue for example to show that tacc is active. Grey I believe means tacc is “available”. Or, am I completely off beam here what am I missing?

Apologies for the old thread resurrection but I didn’t want to get into bother for creating a new thread.

I’ve got a M3LR. I’ve had it since December I don’t have eap or fsd just basic tacc. Simple question really. I engage tacc by pulling down on the right lever but although it engages fine how do you tell on screen? The little grey steering wheel at the top of the screen just stays grey.

Wouldn’t it make sense to turn the wheel blue for example to show that tacc is active. Grey I believe means tacc is “available”. Or, am I completely off beam here what am I missing?
First terminology

One press down = TACC, just controls your speed
Two presses down = AutopPilot, speed and lane keeping, available on all Tesla

When TACC is engaged the text for the MAX speed becomes black rather than grey, when AutoPilot is engage the wheel becomes blue rather than grey.

I would strongly recommend reading the manual before engaging any of these features. Model 3 Owner's Manual | Tesla

Reactions: Rich Tea