Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

hautopart frunk faluire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else have their power frunk or trunk unit fail? My frunk failed about 3 weeks ago. One day I tried to open the frunk, it opened about 3 inches and went back down. Then a couple days later it did it again. Today finally got the frunk to open fully. But when it reached fully open it then closes automatically. I have been trying to contact the company for help. But so far not getting anywhere. They stopped replying to me emails. The frunk was less than a year old. Hope they stand by their warranty.

Seeing the same issues here unfortunately..

Installed june 2020, only one month old..

This happens 5/10 times.
Frunk would unlatch normal but struts would not lift. And it will not close. Latch would make noise but struts would not engage.
So pulling up and closing down manually half the time..

Then when closing and latching like normal, struts would try to lift frunk while the latch is closed.
Leading the whole frunk to bend upwards.
It will do this 3-4 times then settle.

I have tried replacing control box, motor and motor plug. No success, still trouble.

Starting to run out of debugging options and while I reallu enjoy this retrofit when it’s working. Debugging and playing car mechanic only lasts for so long....

not sure what version but the order was from sept 2019. Maybe the first version.
Found the problem. The passenger side shock pops off the lower shock ball. The clip is still on the shock. But every time I reinstall the shock. When I close the frunk it pops off the lower bracket. Been going in circles with the manufacture trying to get it replaced under warranty.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200817-202348_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200817-202348_Gallery.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 52