Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have a Model X on order? Go ahead and double check it's still configured correctly.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've seen five instances now, with me being one of them, where the interior choice of an order has inexplicably changed to Black without the customer being notified or anything done to initiate it. It just happens. I now just saw one person even took delivery of one, so it doesn't appear to be a graphical glitch on the site or anything...

If you've got an order, log into the Tesla site and check your design details. Not your order agreement, the PDF showing the config, mine showed correctly there. There will be an design details button near the top that you can choose and that's where it's displaying incorrectly.

Let's hear if there are any other people running into this, like I said I've seen five instances this past week of it so something is going on somewhere changing orders.

So I've seen five instances now, with me being one of them, where the interior choice of an order has inexplicably changed to Black without the customer being notified or anything done to initiate it. It just happens. I now just saw one person even took delivery of one, so it doesn't appear to be a graphical glitch on the site or anything...

If you've got an order, log into the Tesla site and check your design details. Not your order agreement, the PDF showing the config, mine showed correctly there. There will be an design details button near the top that you can choose and that's where it's displaying incorrectly.

Let's hear if there are any other people running into this, like I said I've seen five instances this past week of it so something is going on somewhere changing orders.

This is interesting.
In regards to the person who took delivery, are you aware if the final price also changed to reflect the black interior? Or, did this person still pay for the more expensive interior?

I'm getting a relatively bare bones model X (SR/ black /seven seats) so this probably won't affect me, but I would be tempted to keep my mouth shut if I get a mistake upgraded interior or SR to LR upgrade mistake.

It's not just Model X, my order is for S and this happened.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
This is interesting.
In regards to the person who took delivery, are you aware if the final price also changed to reflect the black interior? Or, did this person still pay for the more expensive interior?

I'm getting a relatively bare bones model X (SR/ black /seven seats) so this probably won't affect me, but I would be tempted to keep my mouth shut if I get a mistake upgraded interior or SR to LR upgrade mistake.

If ordering Performance, there is no price difference. Since I was refreshing the order screen everyday, but not the configuration, I have no idea how long my order had the wrong interior for. Probably several weeks.

• Informative
If ordering Performance, there is no price difference. Since I was refreshing the order screen everyday, but not the configuration, I have no idea how long my order had the wrong interior for. Probably several weeks.
Did you do the ludicrous mode? I'm wondering if it's not happening when they do the ludicrous comp or something. Mine is performance as well

Well, got a call today from Fremont. They assigned a vin to me that has the shiny black trim! Very ridiculous considering that I texted and got confirmation that my salesperson changed it back to Carbon the same day that it mysteriously changed on May 27th! He told me that it would not delay my delivery because I was concerned that any change would push me back. The guy from Fremont then said that they most likely won't get me another car until after July 1st. I immediately told him that this is not my fault whatsoever and they will most definitely discount my car if that happens. He called back 10 minutes later and said they would work with me. I'm convinced that they gave me this vin just hoping that I would say eh, I'll take it.

• Informative
Well, got a call today from Fremont. They assigned a vin to me that has the shiny black trim! Very ridiculous considering that I texted and got confirmation that my salesperson changed it back to Carbon the same day that it mysteriously changed on May 27th! He told me that it would not delay my delivery because I was concerned that any change would push me back. The guy from Fremont then said that they most likely won't get me another car until after July 1st. I immediately told him that this is not my fault whatsoever and they will most definitely discount my car if that happens. He called back 10 minutes later and said they would work with me. I'm convinced that they gave me this vin just hoping that I would say eh, I'll take it.

I had the exact same call (maybe the same car?) an hour ago from Fremont. The vin I was assigned and MVPA correctly list the white with black carbon fiber trim, but he told me it was manufactured incorrectly and had wood trim. Very confidence inspiring. He said I could always cancel. What a great attitude towards trying to have a record quarter! I also had the glitch where my carbon fiber with white swapped to black on black, and my delivery agent fixed it in 24 hours. It makes me wonder if there are any deliveries with CF trim at all. If that is the case, I wish they would just tell us.

• Informative
The same thing happened to me.

I ordered X Performance + Ludicrous with Black & White seats back early May.

On Monday 6/3 I get a text telling me I'm going to get a call to schedule delivery.
I complete payment online.

The next day I get the call, and notice the description in my account doesn't match what I ordered (somehow it went to Black seats).
The guy says I'm right and says he's going to fix it by "filing a ticket".

Now my order shows the right description online, but I'm probably at the end of the queue now, with risk of delivery in July.

Tried the support line, and after about 20 minutes, the automated system drops the call.
My sales guy doesn't reply to emails, and he also doesn't return calls.

It seems like I have no way to contact any human there while I'm out the full payment for an undetermined amount of time.

I don't want to sound like I'm bashing the company as I'm a long time supporter (I already own a P85D, my daughter has the mini S too, and I own TSLA stock), but how does one reach a person who can help over there?

Last edited:
  • Informative
The next day I get the call, and notice the description in my account doesn't match what I ordered (somehow it went to Black seats).
The guy says I'm right and says he's going to fix it by "filing a ticket".

That’s what I was worried about too, but my vin was issued the day or two after the change was made. Given it still wasn’t right, it was white and carbon fiber instead of black and white, but in any case it didn’t put me to the end of the line at least

• Informative
That’s what I was worried about too, but my vin was issued the day or two after the change was made. Given it still wasn’t right, it was white and carbon fiber instead of black and white, but in any case it didn’t put me to the end of the line at least

<joke>
Perhaps we should create a "marketplace" in here where we each show whatever random configuration was built for us, in case that matches what somebody else wanted.
</joke>

Been a couple of days for me - still didn't get a new VIN assigned.

how does one reach a person who can help over there?

Call into the main number, choose sales, existing order without a delivery date, and just wait silently when prompted to enter your zip code. After a few tries, the system will route you to the mothership.

The people I've spoken to via this method have been helpful and have given me information that's proven to be accurate.

• Informative
Call into the main number, choose sales, existing order without a delivery date, and just wait silently when prompted to enter your zip code. After a few tries, the system will route you to the mothership.

When I do that, I get put into a "waiting pattern", and after about 20 minutes, I get disconnected.
Sometimes I wonder if I should pick the option "If you need assistance to place an order" rather than "If you'd like help with an existing order"...

I guess I'll try that again. I know I've been able to get through it in the past. Just not recently.

• Love
So I'm reposting this here from another thread, just because it's particularly relevant this this thread. I ordered Black and White Premium interior. I ended up with... Half white/Carbon Fiber, half Black/Carbon Fiber.

So I previously had a white interior model X, and the new one is now white with Carbon fiber and it just has been looking weird to me all day. I thought it was just the carbon fiber was different, but then it hit me that literally some of my interior is black and some of it is white... Like, all the seats, armrests, everything are all white. The dash and everything there is black. It's like some bastardized hybrid color interior now or something, I'm not quite sure. I really don't mind it, so I'll probably bring it up but won't fight about it, but seriously what is going on in Fremont with these interiors... Seems like an easy thing to get right, but I guess I've never been in the car industry.
IMG_20190607_150424.jpg