Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have anyone got windshield replaced?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few things I thought I would share with the group:

- i hit a rock and had a cracked windshield very early into having my new Model 3 (less than a month)
- had a fairly frustrating experience with service (see timeline below)
- loaner car was a Model S75 (nothing special, actually really prefer my M3)
- got my car back and all of the above was forgiven, insurance paid 100% (invoice total was $887)

However, what prompted me to search for this thread was that I just found out my best friend, the only other person I know who has a model 3, also now has a cracked windshield... so I can't tell if it is a Model 3 problem because the windshield is so big and low to the ground, or if we were both just unlucky.

Here's my timing on a cracked Model 3 windshield:
- 5/30/18 - submitted claim and worked with Tesla Support
- 6/1/18 - Called back to see if they had any updates on timing and found that they forgot to place order for part.
- 6/1/18 - Part ordered and appt. scheduled for 6/19/18
- 6/17/18 - Appointment reminder
- 6/19/18 - Show up to appointment and part had not arrived
- 6/19/18 - rescheduled new appt for 6/27/18
- 6/20/18 - Part arrived
- 6/27/18 - part installed
- 6/28/18 - picked up car

• Informative
Reactions: Tomski
A few things I thought I would share with the group:

- i hit a rock and had a cracked windshield very early into having my new Model 3 (less than a month)
- had a fairly frustrating experience with service (see timeline below)
- loaner car was a Model S75 (nothing special, actually really prefer my M3)
- got my car back and all of the above was forgiven, insurance paid 100% (invoice total was $887)

However, what prompted me to search for this thread was that I just found out my best friend, the only other person I know who has a model 3, also now has a cracked windshield... so I can't tell if it is a Model 3 problem because the windshield is so big and low to the ground, or if we were both just unlucky.

Here's my timing on a cracked Model 3 windshield:
- 5/30/18 - submitted claim and worked with Tesla Support
- 6/1/18 - Called back to see if they had any updates on timing and found that they forgot to place order for part.
- 6/1/18 - Part ordered and appt. scheduled for 6/19/18
- 6/17/18 - Appointment reminder
- 6/19/18 - Show up to appointment and part had not arrived
- 6/19/18 - rescheduled new appt for 6/27/18
- 6/20/18 - Part arrived
- 6/27/18 - part installed
- 6/28/18 - picked up car

thx for sharing your timeline, my experience seems to be following a very simliar path. i contacted Freemont today to see if they can help accelerate it. my other problem is i also need a new glass roof too, I just put in that request, its defective.

Got hit with a rock today. Loud crack only two small lines visible from Drivers view. From outside looks much worse. Gonna try some UV sealant until I go for a replacement. $1K hurts as estimates.
20190108_095134.jpg
20190108_095930.jpg

Folks,

My windshield got hit by rock, and now I have a huge crack... I have contacted local service center to get a replacement about a week ago, however was informed that windshields for model 3 are backordered and they don't have an ETA on replacement part. Have anyone else had similar experience? any recommendation on how to escalate this issue with corporate support?

-p
Six weeks for mine