Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have anyone got windshield replaced?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks,

My windshield got hit by rock, and now I have a huge crack... I have contacted local service center to get a replacement about a week ago, however was informed that windshields for model 3 are backordered and they don't have an ETA on replacement part. Have anyone else had similar experience? any recommendation on how to escalate this issue with corporate support?

-p

Now on one and half months wait for mine. Two nice hits with great lines. Keep those rocks coming till replacement. I have not escalated yet. Under your mytesla account you can push a concern for executive review. If you do please come back here and post response if you are so inclined.

Welcome Pasha to TMC. Hope your enjoying your car other than the nasty cracked windshield.

• Helpful
Reactions: mongo
My new model 3 had a 5" streak in the lamination right at eye level.
I asked service to look at it when my car was there for other issues, and they had it replaced within 48 hours.
The scraped up the paint prying off the old windshield, but overall it's an improvement.

Now on one and half months wait for mine. Two nice hits with great lines. Keep those rocks coming till replacement. I have not escalated yet. Under your mytesla account you can push a concern for executive review. If you do please come back here and post response if you are so inclined.

Welcome Pasha to TMC. Hope your enjoying your car other than the nasty cracked windshield.

I can't find place to push concerns to executive team....

-p

Capture2.PNG
Capture.PNG

April 14th - Took delivery of car. Noted light scratch in windshield.
April 23rd - Asked Tesla about replacement windshield as the service center hadn't reached out.
April 26th - Pano roof cracked, reported to Millford Service Center. They said they would call when they have both parts in.
May 15th - Went in to service center for replacement of windshield and roof.

Reactions: Tomski
Had a windshield break from behind in mid June, they finally got a replacement in and I have an appointment next week. Quoted $675 CDN for the glass plus labor so about $1000 total. I have to get them to warranty it since the crack did not occur due to an impact (there's no impact point).

• Informative
Reactions: Tomski