TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Have anyone got windshield replaced?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by pasha, Jul 31, 2018.

1. pasha

pasha Member

Folks,

My windshield got hit by rock, and now I have a huge crack... I have contacted local service center to get a replacement about a week ago, however was informed that windshields for model 3 are backordered and they don't have an ETA on replacement part. Have anyone else had similar experience? any recommendation on how to escalate this issue with corporate support?

-p

2. outdoors

outdoors Supporting Member

Now on one and half months wait for mine. Two nice hits with great lines. Keep those rocks coming till replacement. I have not escalated yet. Under your mytesla account you can push a concern for executive review. If you do please come back here and post response if you are so inclined.

Welcome Pasha to TMC. Hope your enjoying your car other than the nasty cracked windshield.

• Helpful x 1
  3. Whacker

Whacker New Member

My new model 3 had a 5" streak in the lamination right at eye level.
    I asked service to look at it when my car was there for other issues, and they had it replaced within 48 hours.
    The scraped up the paint prying off the old windshield, but overall it's an improvement.

4. pasha

pasha Member

I can't find place to push concerns to executive team....

-p

5. outdoors

Capture2.PNG Capture.PNG

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. dduffey

dduffey Member

Yes, I had the front windshield replaced, but a few other pieces as well (headliner trim). It took about a month (maybe a bit longer) to get the parts, unsure of the windshield specifically. (Austin, TX).

7. scrapps

scrapps Member

April 14th - Took delivery of car. Noted light scratch in windshield.
    April 23rd - Asked Tesla about replacement windshield as the service center hadn't reached out.
    April 26th - Pano roof cracked, reported to Millford Service Center. They said they would call when they have both parts in.
    May 15th - Went in to service center for replacement of windshield and roof.

8. omar

omar Member

Got windsheild replaced after complaining about wind noise. Took about 1 month. Not game changing but definitely quieter

• Helpful x 1
  9. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

Mine is currently in for a windshield replacement due to a rock that hit it last month. I called 3 weeks ago for a quote but they said it'd take a month for it get there. Now, the crack got larger so I took it in and got a loaner in the meantime. Still no ETA.

• Like x 1
  10. outdoors

Has anyone got one replaced for rocks/road hazards, and not because of manufacturer issue?

11. pasha

pasha Member

What loaner you got? I'm taking my car into service center and should get loaner...

12. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

I got a Model S 75D loaner with only 4k miles on it. I asked for an X but my local service center only has one in their entire fleet which is always in use. Their Model S loaners with AutoPilot always sell quickly so they only have basic loaners with few options. :(

13. jamnmon66

jamnmon66 Member

Anyone willing to share what you paid for a windshield?

14. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

$959 for windshield + labor

• Informative x 1
  15. jamnmon66

jamnmon66 Member

Yikes

16. pasha

pasha Member

Got 75D loner today with no ETA on M3 glass replacement... i wonder how long it will be now, that they are paying for the loaner

BTW, I like my model 3 way better then S, which I got...

-p

• Like x 1
  17. outdoors

Good news. Windshield in stock service appointment scheduled.

18. pasha

pasha Member

Great! I hope the fact that they are paying for the loaner will speed them up to get my windshield

19. peachfuzz0

peachfuzz0 Member

Had a windshield break from behind in mid June, they finally got a replacement in and I have an appointment next week. Quoted $675 CDN for the glass plus labor so about $1000 total. I have to get them to warranty it since the crack did not occur due to an impact (there's no impact point).

20. P3D_Denver

P3D_Denver Member

did you ever get your windshield replaced? how long did you end up waiting for them to receive the replacement?