Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have few questions on Design phase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi All,

I put deposit on 02/15 for Tesla Solar panels with size 5.6kW. Its still in design phase but its pain (2x back) where they cannot put all panels on my south facing roof. Their reasons is they need to wrap 3 feets surrounding all panels top, bottom, left and right. Is this rule legit? I saw other panels installer around my neighborhood and don't think they follow this rule.

The other thing Tesla advisor tell me the inverter is 3.8 kW, which I think its too small for 5.6kW. I am afraid that the inverter can be the bottle neck Can someone direct/explain me whether that's not the case? And when to ask for bigger size of inverter and 2 strings to inverter? is it on design phase or later phase? Because in Design phase, they don't mention it anywhere until I asked them.

Thanks for the information about the inverter. If some panels need to be on the other side of the roof (facing north), I would like to ask them to have 2 strings. when or to make that on paper before I accept the design? Or that can be ask during installation day?