Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have we seen Daytime Running Lights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

electracity

Jun 8, 2015
I'm confused as to which lights are on during the day. The most extensive video has the tail lights on and two pair of front lights. I love the front of the car, but I'm confused about what is going on. Do they have the fog lights on in videos?

My understanding is the DRLs are the "blobs" at the top of the headlights and the thin bars located lower in the bumper. The fog lights have not been on. They are single bright lights located towards the outer edges of the thin bars.

Having DRLs typically would not have the tail lights on, but they could have had the parking lights on which would have the front DRLs on and the rear tail lights.

The red arrows are DRLs and the two yellow circles would be where the fog lights are if they were on.

Attachments

• model 3 lights.jpg
    model 3 lights.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: boaterva
My understanding is the DRLs are the "blobs" at the top of the headlights and the thin bars located lower in the bumper. The fog lights have not been on. They are single bright lights located towards the outer edges of the thin bars.

Having DRLs typically would not have the tail lights on, but they could have had the parking lights on which would have the front DRLs on and the rear tail lights.

The red arrows are DRLs and the two yellow circles would be where the fog lights are if they were on.

Thanks. I really like the lights. Plus they maintained the Tesla Scowl, while minimizing the Tesla snaggletooth logo.