Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you been uncorked? Post your impressions!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Escalate it. A lot of people were initially told they couldn’t be uncorked, only to find out later they could. I haven’t heard of an X75D that isn’t truly eligible. Lots that were turned down that eventually got the uncork.
The SC says the folks that "shouldn't have been able to" - only got uncorked because the SC's weren't really sure who should or who shouldn't. But now they supposedly have an app - so there'll be no accidental uncorking from here on in.
:mad:

I read your post and I was holding on responding to it since I’m trying to get more information and can’t address it one way or another. There’s a list of VINs that are uncorkable, has been after the initial month or so of confusion.

You would be the first that I’ve heard of that is truly uncorkable, but you also didn’t indicate that you escalated it. It wouldn’t be the first time a service tech or advisor had given out incorrect information and I can’t tell from your post if that’s the case or their policy changed. I’m still pending that confirmation...

I had my S uncorked in late June at the Cincinatti SC. When I asked them if it could be uncorked they had a difficult time making the determination. Mine is VIN170xxx delivered in Dec of 2016. I purchased it as a 60D, but had subsequently done the software upgrade to make it a 75D. This upgrade may have been the source of the confusion. The tech looked on line to verify that it was eligible and then plugged into the car with his laptop and was able to do the upgrade. Then he did a full software update. The result was an impressive increase in acceleration both from a stop and at highway speeds. WOW!!!

Reactions: bhzmark