TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hawaii - Firmware Updates

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by WeazL, Dec 24, 2013.

1. WeazL

WeazL Moderator - Hawaii

#1 WeazL, Dec 24, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
    A new thread to track the progress of rollouts over here in da islands.

Last night I was upgraded to v5.8.4 (1.49.57) which notes that the car will now reduce charge current if it detects voltage fluctuations. It says that it may reduce the charging load by 25%. So, if you plug in to a 40 Amp line, but the power fluctuates too greatly, the vehicle will automatically reduce its demand to 30 Amps as a preventative safety measure.

2. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

I got it yesterday morning and let it install when I was at work. after work when I got in my car my radio was off and I had to reselect my radio station to hear anything. (mute/unmute and changing volume did not work)

3. WeazL

WeazL Moderator - Hawaii

4. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Just got my update to the same thing last night. Haven't noticed anything yet.

5. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Same here. That happened to me with the update before this one too.

6. RodF

RodF Member

Got the update notice a couple of days ago. Scheduled it to update at 12:30 AM. Next morning had a message that update was unsuccessful. But did not have the option to retry the update since then. According to my screen I am currently on v5.8.4 (1.49.57) so I guess the update did go through.

7. Honolulu MS

Honolulu MS Hawaii Member

I tried to check my Model S to see if there was an update -- but there was not even a Model S in my garage. I am a wanna be update checker. Car doesn't arrive until February. I go tired of being in absentia.

8. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Lol...Teslanxiety gets worse the closer your delivery date gets ...we'll all be here to help you get through it though :)

9. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

(Sigh), We've all been there. Its painful. You find yourself practicing stomping the floor as if there was a pedal there. You find yourself looking to the right and left to see those looking back to see your S, and over your shoulder for the blue lights. Yes, we've all been there. A few have been there twice.

10. drtko147

drtko147 Member

I got my update on Monday. Didn't see any difference.

Honolulu MS, we are here for you for you. please vent all you want. We should open a thread just for those who are going through the evil Teslanxiety. We all went through what you are going through. Some of us more than others (akikiki, for example). We can't wait to hear about the Tesla Grin when you finally get your MS.
    scared-and-sweating-smiley-emoticon.gif

11. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Anyone else get an update alert screen today? Wondering if it's 6.0... Guess I'll find out soon...

12. RodF

RodF Member

I got 5.8.8 yesterday. After the update, it seems my contacts will no longer load from my Nexus 5.

13. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

yup..just 5.8.8. Guess will have to wait a little while longer for 6.0.

14. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

Elon was saying 6.0 by the end of the month (IIRC) so maybe real soon. It will be nice to be able to lower the ride again, but I'm willing to wait until they make sure 6.0 is ready to go.

15. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

mmm aaaa errrrrr well, not to be negative, but the end of the month in "Elon time" :biggrin: is probably the end of April.:redface:

16. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

5.8.8 was offered today to my S to install tonight. I pressed Install now and watched it whirl the A/C fan, flash the lights and move the door handles for 22 minutes, they it was finished. So, up and running in 22 minutes plus the 2 minute countdown to start. Release Notes do not mention anything new since 5.0

17. drtko147

drtko147 Member

I got firmware 5.8.10 upgrade last night. I don't see a difference.

18. WeazL

WeazL Moderator - Hawaii

19. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

Not sure if the SC upgraded me to 5.8.10 today or if it was the OTA I did last week. in any case the SC turned off my remote access and didn't turn it back on.

20. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Prediction: v5.9 will be the next major update and it will return auto-lowering.