TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hawaii - Let's Count Teslas!

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by nanimac, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Member

I'm assuming you are talking about the greater Honolulu area and not the Big Island or Maui etc!

2. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

You assume correctly, but not greater Honolulu, all of Oahu, but Oahu only.
    Maui is 50, B.I. Is 12, Kauai is 2. We believe there are more on each of these islands, but have not been seen and reported.

3. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

We reached 500 Tesla on Oahu today. Thanks mainly to one person L.Y. that's out driving all day every day - working.
    Thanks. YAY TESLAS.

• Like x 2
  4. Polly Wog

Polly Wog Member

Thanks to our small but nice Maui owners gathering yesterday (see new thread I created), I was able to add 6 Teslas to the Maui total. I also got to see my first Roadster up close. Practically looked like a toy car.

• Like x 1
  5. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Wow, that's very cool. Wish we still have the Super Ferry so we could have joined you.

6. Mobetta

Mobetta New Member

I am a member but never heard about your Haleakala trip before hand. I would have loved to do same in my Model S. My e-mail is [email protected] and would love to hear about future gatherings.

7. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

We reached 599 state wide today. We've added 29 since the beginning of the New Year on Oahu as of today. I estimate that we are about half way through the 50 or so new Teslas that arrived during Dec.

8. drtko147

drtko147 Member

Yesterday, driving home on the H1 east bound, I saw a total of 7 Teslas. One Model X with temporary plates. One Model S with temporary plates.

9. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Wow - 7. There was a time that we would not see 1 in a week. I wish some emagazine would do an article on Tesla-per-capita in each state. Where would we be?

10. jareade

jareade Member

I'll get you over 600. I'm a part-time resident of Hawaii Island - Kohala Coast (counting the days until I become a full-time resident) and I saw a few of the Hawaii Island Teslas on our recent trip, including two that aren't listed: 3875 White (60? no badge) and 3875 Black (85D).

I'm Google docs challenged, so I'll ask someone who is not to put them on the list!

By the way, although my 90D isn't resident in Hawaii, her name is Uila, so she's Hawaiian at heart. :)

11. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Aloha!! Welcome jareade, We will be very happy to have you here full time. Good luck to you.
    Regarding the two you saw, can you check the reported tag numbers again, please? These two are the same 3875.
    Thanks for telling us about them. I added one, so far.

12. jareade

jareade Member

Mahalo nui loa, Akikiki! Oops - you are right! In my haste I doubled up on the plate number. White 60 was 3875 and Black 85D was 3878. The White 60 was ahead of us on the Queen Ka'ahumanu Hwy - they went mauka to Waimea and we went makai for shave ice at Anuenue in Kawaihae. The Black 85D was on the shoulder parking at Kekaha Kai State Park at Kua Bay/Manini'owali Beach. I've attached pictures! :)

Attached Files:

13. Polly Wog

Polly Wog Member

Two more added for Maui. I've also seen several (at least 4) new Teslas with temporary tags (3 Model S, 1 Model X) in the last couple of weeks. Also, I saw my first with the "new Blue" (not really new anymore, but the first I've spotted on island), but it had a temporary tag as well.

• Like x 1
  14. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Big Island updated...3875 was already on the list...we are at 603 now for the state! True count is probably over 700 easily!

15. jareade

jareade Member

Mahalo, nanimac. Akikiki added 3875 after my post. I checked before posting and it hadn't been spotted yet.

• Like x 1
  16. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

still have plenty with dealer plates like the new Grey X that was at the next charger this morning.

17. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Getting to 8000 soon, if not already... 7996 is highest on Oahu list now!

18. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Getting to 8000 soon, if not already... 7996 is highest on Oahu list now!

19. pw1388

pw1388 Member

Got my plates today from FedEx. Electric plate# 8169
    IMG_0010.JPG

• Like x 1
  20. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

yay !1 first one reported over 8xxx on Oahu