Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Let's Count Teslas!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a member but never heard about your Haleakala trip before hand. I would have loved to do same in my Model S. My e-mail is [email protected] and would love to hear about future gatherings.

@Mobetta, if (actually, I'm sure it will be "when") we do another Maui owners get-together, I will be sure to email you. Bizarre, but I just received the notification today (March 3) that you had responded to my post. Anyway, if you aren't on the Maui list (link on page 8 of this thread), go ahead and add yourself (just model and license plate, no personal details are asked for).

@Mobetta, if (actually, I'm sure it will be "when") we do another Maui owners get-together, I will be sure to email you. Bizarre, but I just received the notification today (March 3) that you had responded to my post. Anyway, if you aren't on the Maui list (link on page 8 of this thread), go ahead and add yourself (just model and license plate, no personal details are asked for).

I just got your notification today too! You can also go to www.teslahawaiiclub.com and complete the form on the "join" tab to be added to the club email list.

I just noticed that Oahu is about to go over 600. Impressive. I just added 3 more for Maui, although I've seen quite a few new ones in the last month, they mostly had temporary tags on, so I couldn't add them to the list.

Thanks for keeping up the Maui count! Oahu likely has closer to or over 800 Teslas by now! Hope Maui numbers grow enough for you guys to get your own SC soon!

I just noticed that Oahu is about to go over 600. Impressive. I just added 3 more for Maui, although I've seen quite a few new ones in the last month, they mostly had temporary tags on, so I couldn't add them to the list.

In the category of "my unsolicited two cents". I agree, its not useful to add temp tags. Within a couple of months, they will turn to permanent and count then. Using temp tags will give us a false positive when they are finally counted as permanent.

Yes, I have an open garage and live about a block away from the Convention Center. Installed my NEMA 14-50 a week ago even though 110 charging at 4 Mile/Hr was barely enough. Due to the open garage, I was concerned about thief of the Mobile Connect so I did the following.

You will find my profile in the Hawaii listing.
2017-04-26 18.51.45a.jpg

Reactions: Akikiki and nanimac
Yes, I have an open garage and live about a block away from the Convention Center. Installed my NEMA 14-50 a week ago even though 110 charging at 4 Mile/Hr was barely enough. Due to the open garage, I was concerned about thief of the Mobile Connect so I did the following.

You will find my profile in the Hawaii listing.
View attachment 224639

Welcome to the forum. I have seen a white Model S near the Convention Center in a two story apartment building. I have also seen other creative ways to plug in their Model S on my hill where their garages are tiny car ports and they have to park on the street.