Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Let's Count Teslas!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla 3 delivery (signed up Day #4) was delayed from early December to 12/19 and now 12/30. I've got a VIN initially, signed my MVPA, and everything seems ready to go, but I'm completely losing faith in them and don't see my VIN on the website now. They offered to cover a rental car for me (I think?) because I basically don't have a car from 12/26-1/1 right now when I'm supposed to be working, and also offered a delivery to my actual place (which I unfortunately can't accept because my condo has gated FOB key only access).

I can pay off the rest of my balance now (minus my financing), but not that excited about putting more funds in if they miss my 12/30 promised deadline. Seems like if I put it in I can't get it back easy, but I'm also paranoid and thinking that if I don't put my balance in, they may prioritize another delivery higher.

I wrote a really brutal e-mail to my Tesla delivery coordinator in Vegas when they delayed a 3rd time/this time, which led to her offering to set up a (I think comped?) Enterprise rental, but I honestly would rather just take delivery of this car before 12/31 and be done with it. They are getting super close to the wire here! Anyone else in the same boat with a 12/30 or 12/31 delivery date?

My Tesla 3 delivery (signed up Day #4) was delayed from early December to 12/19 and now 12/30. I've got a VIN initially, signed my MVPA, and everything seems ready to go, but I'm completely losing faith in them and don't see my VIN on the website now. They offered to cover a rental car for me (I think?) because I basically don't have a car from 12/26-1/1 right now when I'm supposed to be working, and also offered a delivery to my actual place (which I unfortunately can't accept because my condo has gated FOB key only access).

I can pay off the rest of my balance now (minus my financing), but not that excited about putting more funds in if they miss my 12/30 promised deadline. Seems like if I put it in I can't get it back easy, but I'm also paranoid and thinking that if I don't put my balance in, they may prioritize another delivery higher.

I wrote a really brutal e-mail to my Tesla delivery coordinator in Vegas when they delayed a 3rd time/this time, which led to her offering to set up a (I think comped?) Enterprise rental, but I honestly would rather just take delivery of this car before 12/31 and be done with it. They are getting super close to the wire here! Anyone else in the same boat with a 12/30 or 12/31 delivery date?

You aren't the only one in this boat.
I'm in the same situation hopefully Tesla can get their act together and deliver the cars.

This has been hands down my worst car buying experience.

Got email yesterday asking me to select the day(s) I am UNABLE to take delivery from 12/23 to 12/31!!
Just got that e-mail too... I left every day open, even though I have to work 12/27-12/31 because if I need to I can try to come in later to work just so I can pick up the car, if that's what it will take...It sucks it has to come down to this. Having Tesla rent my rental car for me at least helps out somewhat to plan for (hopefully) getting this delayed Tesla 3 before year's end

Bad news, spoke to Tesla this morning, the car is in Honolulu but cannot ship the car to Maui in Dec!!! they did not do a good job securing space to ship outside Honolulu. We should get a letter/mail from Tesla with some options for delivery in January (maybe) but no dates...
Bad planning... I am very disappointed with the poor communication

Bad news, spoke to Tesla this morning, the car is in Honolulu but cannot ship the car to Maui in Dec!!! they did not do a good job securing space to ship outside Honolulu. We should get a letter/mail from Tesla with some options for delivery in January (maybe) but no dates...
That sucks, but remember Maui no ka oi

Hopefully they will give you a $3750 price adjustment.

That just isn't going to happen, sorry. Tesla has already announced that they will refund the deposit for anybody that ordered by the cutoff and does not receive their car on time - but no "discount".

If I recall, that was announced in conjunction with Tesla encouraging people to order just in case there were cancellations, inventory vehicles and demo vehicles so I took it to mean they would refund you deposit if you ordered then..... but you could be right. But it wouldn't hurt to ask.... they did after all "guarantee" delivery if ordered by Nov. 30. If it were me, I'd ask my delivery advisor to bring it up with management....if you have EAP, perhaps ask for discount on autopilot as this is essentially all profit for Tesla....
That being said, if someone can take delivery for you on Oahu with the understanding that Tesla would ship to you, that should be investigated also.

Last edited:
If its not going to make the boat to Maui, but the car is sitting in Honolulu, and the difference of nearly $4,000 in tax credit for the cost of a plane ticket, I'd jump on the "de plane, de-plane", and come here to formally take delivery. Regardless of who is at fault. It's possible to be right and not get it right at the same time.

I am waiting on Tesla official/writing update on how they will handle it and I will keep you posted but I am not the only one missing a boat (~60 cars) here in Hawaii. It will have to be a global solution for all people in the neighborhood islands.

Last edited: