Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leeward, write it off as a test to see if you are on your toes.

jatk, standing by if called upon. Can you give yours a name?

nanimac, cool, fingers and toes crossed. I even tied a good luck knot in my UMC before I plugged her in.

Papafox, BEAUTIFUL, Merely BEAUTIFUL. Hey, every color is BEAUTIFUL on a MS. Sincerely.

Papafox, nanimac, RonF, Got name? (I'm gonna worry you folks to death, until you tell me you gave your MS a name)
Not that I can be that much of a pest. No, not me. Me no pest.

Does Tesla use Matson, Horizon or Pasha to ship? (or all three?) If they use Matson, has anyone ever tried tracking their car by VIN on the Matson site here? When I bought my M3, I used this site to obsessively track the car as it traveled from Long Beach to Honolulu and it worked awesome (but didn't do much to help my obsession).

Momi kea at Makapuu.

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Jeff, Fingers cross here. I am sure you read TM and know that, that one is not the first and they know of no way yet to test that its going to happen.[/QUOTE]

Akikiki, Mahalo nui for the crossed fingers. So far it seems to be working. Plenty of can do responses from Nick in California and Barry & Luke on Oahu. New cable arrives tomorrow. Hopefully that solves the problem. Will keep posting...

Delivery of my new Tesla Model S

Yeah, I took delivery of my green Tesla Model S on Kamehameha Day, June 11. The guys at the Service Center were great and we spent an hour there going over the features.

I learned later about how to set up the side mirrors for auto-tilt when reversing. Nothing in the manual about this. Had to call Tesla. What you do is put the car in reverse. Then you adjust the two side mirrors to how you want it for reversing. Then you put it back to drive. That's it. Oh, make sure you have the auto-tilt feature on. I like the customization.

My adventure of getting my car registered was also a learning process. Tesla had sent me the copy of the Hawaii DMV form. However, Satellite City Hall didn't take that and I had to fill it out there. Because both my wife and I are owners, I needed to bring the form home for her sign and then drop it back off. Also, the bill of sale only had my name on it but the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin had both our names on it. I had to contact Tesla to send me a new notarized Bill of Sale to submit to DMV.

See you on the road.

Last edited:
Yeah, I took delivery of my green Tesla Model S on Kamehameha Day, June 11. The guys at the Service Center were great and we spent an hour there going over the features.

I learned later about how to set up the side mirrors for auto-tilt when reversing. Nothing in the manual about this. Had to call Tesla. What you do is put the car in reverse. Then you adjust the two side mirrors to how you want it for reversing. Then you put it back to drive. That's it. Oh, make sure you have the auto-tilt feature on. I like the customization.

My adventure of getting my car registered was also a learning process. Tesla had sent me the copy of the Hawaii DMV form. However, Satellite City Hall didn't take that and I had to fill it out there. Because both my wife and I are owners, I needed to bring the form home for her sign and then drop it back off. Also, the bill of sale only had my name on it but the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin had both our names on it. I had to contact Tesla to send me a new notarized Bill of Sale to submit to DMV.

See you on the road.

Thanks for the great tip!

Mr & Mrs signing of the DMV Registration form

hhmmm, drtko147 stumbled on a part of the registration process that we have not seen before ... the double signing of the DMV form. Someone that is headed to DMV soon, could you pick up a hand ful of the DMV registration forms, please? Them maybe next time drop them off at the SC? If they were out there, someone that might need to double sign them would be able to get them at the SC and take it with them already signed to the DMV. Might see like a rare event, but tweaking the registration process for folks with both names on the Bill of Sale would likely be very useful. Anyone think this a good or bad idea?

drtko147, Green MS, huh? Tell us more. What's your configuration? We all want to know. If you have your tag, can you share the number with us so we know its you when we wave? thanks

nanimac, Will you be dockside when the Horizon boat arrives this Sunday? Should we all come down there and pray with you? we will...

Last edited:
Drtko147, pictures please when u have a chance....would love to see how the green looks!

akikiki, am still thinking of a name for my car...hopefully will have one soon...
would love to be at the docks on Sunday but the schedule says the ship comes in at 23:24! I'm sure I will be up checking my app though :)

Does Tesla use Matson, Horizon or Pasha to ship? (or all three?) If they use Matson, has anyone ever tried tracking their car by VIN on the Matson site here? When I bought my M3, I used this site to obsessively track the car as it traveled from Long Beach to Honolulu and it worked awesome (but didn't do much to help my obsession).

What I had with my car is: Tesla contracted with UPS logistics who subcontracted with Horizon who subcontracted with Matson. since they are commercial bulk shipments the VINs are not tracked individually. the best I could do was get the name of the ship that it was on and track the ship via the Matson site. But, if you know the ship, there is no need to really track the ship because Matson's ship schedules are pretty consistent and usually arrive when expected. the ships from Oakland to HNL (via Long Beach) are usually scheduled to arrive Thursday.

Congrats to all of the deliveries! I'm sure I've seen a few of you on the road already. Charged next to another solid white with 19" wheels at Kahala Mall last night. Saw a silver one at Ko'olau golf course parking yesterday as well. Used to be I could go a week or two without seeing a fellow Model S on the road but now pretty much see one everyday. The more the merrier!

hope you get yours soon too, nanimac. You've been waiting far too long.

StephenM, Leeward, Jeff, Hawaiikaiguy, Solar, RodF, drtko147, Papafox, in case you have not yet noticed,there's a small pocket on the front of the lower driver seat. Its a good place to stash a hundred bill, a flashlight or your parking gate card. Its behind your legs and knees on the facing forward of the seat. Did everyone already know? (I'm just showing off.)

Last edited:
StephenM, Leeward, Jeff, Hawaiikaiguy, Solar, RodF, drtko147, Papafox, in case you have not yet noticed,there's a small pocket on the front of the lower driver seat. Its a good place to stach a hundred bill, a flashlight or your parking gate card. Its behind your legs and knees on the facing forward of the seat. Did everyone already know? (I'm just showing off.)

I did find that recently. Lately I'm using it to hold things I need right away when my two cup holders are already being used. i.e. cell phone or parking validation. From what I've read, not all cars come with this. I think you had to have leather seats or perhaps it was with seats that came with the tech package? I'll look it up.

Update*
It was cars ordered with the leather package, found on this thread:
Things you may not have discovered about your Model S?!!

Last edited:
Thanks! Hmmm . . . "figment of my imagination," "virtual reality," "MIA," "oops I just blew my kids' college funds." I'll eventually come up with a real name.

How about "lost", "stranded", or "homeless"? :p LOL

Akikiki got me thinking about names...I may go with Blue Angel :) Just need 5 more blues and we can take a picture in formation when we have our first tesla meet up!

Status
Not open for further replies.