Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Papafox & ddruz, Mahalo nui for easing my mind. I feel better already just knowing it's by design and not some kind of glitch. With that being said, I thought the owners' manual says something like "don't look at the screen while driving because everything you need is on the dashboard". I'm just sayin'. And please understand everybody, My wife and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this car! She loved her last car and I've never loved a car before...

Jeff, We all completely understand. We all feel the same way. New question for you. Will you be getting one for yourself, since you say that is her car? Just wonderin'

Akikiki, It's complicated. First of all, you have to realize that my wife has recently taken to reading our posts (now that she is an owner), so talk of another so soon is sure to make for an interesting dinner conversation tonight. Also, my position (notice I don't call it a job) requires me to drive a "company" 4WD SUV to and from work. All things considered, I still fancy myself sitting pretty someday on the weekends and holidays in a Model X. Thank you for asking.

Akikiki, It's complicated. First of all, you have to realize that my wife has recently taken to reading our posts (now that she is an owner), so talk of another so soon is sure to make for an interesting dinner conversation tonight. Also, my position (notice I don't call it a job) requires me to drive a "company" 4WD SUV to and from work. All things considered, I still fancy myself sitting pretty someday on the weekends and holidays in a Model X. Thank you for asking.

I vote for the Model X as well. :)

Thanks. We saw a lot of white ones when we picked up ours. The service center didn't think any greens were ordered before for Hawaii.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone gotten the trunk liner from Tesla? Or have you ordered from another company, like Lloyd?

Also, does anyone know where you can get the safety sticker bracket?

Actually I got the trunk and frunk liners from Tesla and love them. I got the floor mats from Al and Ed's and love them too.

Orphan ! Orphan !

nanimac, Did I get your attention? You probably won't remember because it wasn't Blue and it wasn't waiting for you, but there was a dark Gary Metallic Performance 85 out at the SC Saturday. It was on the left as you walked in. Did you see it? Its become an Orphan. I heard about it today. Now, isn't this the perfect car for Mr. nanimac? Hmmm, wouldn't that look great sitting next to Lady Tesla?

Okay, seriously though. That's a loaded P85 for sale. I'm not a TM salesperson, I just thought I would share with you in case you run into anyone looking to jump ahead in line and get a big purty car. Ya know? Here's the details of what's on it.

P85 Performance |Pano roof | Tech Pack | Air | Sound | Twin Chargers | SuperCharging | Parcel Shelf | Gray Metallic | Tan interior | Carbon Fiber decor | 21" gray wheels | And its already here !

:) That was fun

nanimac, Did I get your attention? You probably won't remember because it wasn't Blue and it wasn't waiting for you, but there was a dark Gary Metallic Performance 85 out at the SC Saturday. It was on the left as you walked in. Did you see it? Its become an Orphan. I heard about it today. Now, isn't this the perfect car for Mr. nanimac? Hmmm, wouldn't that look great sitting next to Lady Tesla?

Okay, seriously though. That's a loaded P85 for sale. I'm not a TM salesperson, I just thought I would share with you in case you run into anyone looking to jump ahead in line and get a big purty car. Ya know? Here's the details of what's on it.

P85 Performance |Pano roof | Tech Pack | Air | Sound | Twin Chargers | SuperCharging | Parcel Shelf | Gray Metallic | Tan interior | Carbon Fiber decor | 21" gray wheels | And its already here !

:) That was fun

let mr. Nanimac drive today...he loved it but has already ordered his AMG. But my cousin, who was there with us, is VERY interested :)

Thanks, Jkam. I'll check it out. I ordered it online from PakShak and will pick it up.

By way, my wife is still struggling with range anxiety. She used 40 miles and it had 99 miles left. She wanted to drive to Ala Moana to plug it in instead of driving home. Oh, well. I drove it to church on Saturday night, then home. Have not plugged it in yet. Still have 50 miles left on it.

HI, there is a dealer selling it locally above Pearlridge center I'll try and see if I can find his number. :)

The new battery swap / grid storage options are very intriguing for places like the Big Island with not as much built out infrastructure. I can see government or another quasi-political entity (HELCO?) being interested in the possible grid tie-ins / power storage possibilities and wanting to sponsor something like that which may lead to batteries that Tesla owners can use for driving. Not saying that it's a LIKELY possibility, just that it's in the realm of possibility.

FYI, regarding SuperChargers in Hawaii -- I forgot to mention that when I picked my car up almost 2 weeks ago, Luke at the Service Center said there may be plans down the line to put in SuperChargers at the Waipahu Service Center. This makes sense, so they can charge cars quickly as they receive them, people can stop by for a quick charge and talk story, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

There was 1 issue that I had to report to Tesla, and it was pretty strange: when in D, there was a loud clicking metal-on-metal sound coming from the driver-side rear wheel area when the car was moving forward. Sounded brake-related and the individual click would happen multiple times on a single wheel revolution, but Tesla's remote diagnostics found nothing wrong and no logged faults. Was advised by Tesla that I could still drive the car with no problem, though I noticed it was getting closer to 400 Wh per mile, instead of the usual 320 - 340 that we would average. (Co?)incidently, the problem just "went away" after the Tesla software update was installed overnight.

An update on my clicking sound issue. When my son and I took our blue 40 to the service center yesterday afternoon for the recall, I reiterated to the service team the clicking issue and which tire the sound used to come from. They discovered one of the socks (black material) that was on the brake during shipping was still on the wheel/brakes in parts inside. So they popped the wheel off and made sure to remove everything.

I've been pleasantly surprised with performance: been seeing around 285/290 kWh/mile averages, and I don't hold back when given the opportunity!

FYI, the Tesla online store has rear mats for the trunk and footwell for rear facing seats available now. The mats had been out of stock for quite some time. If you want a set, I would act quickly. I ordered mine.

Shop Tesla Gear All-Weather Model S Trunk Set

- - - Updated - - -

Can you believe it? Someone is already selling a Tesla. 2013 Tesla S Performance

Yeah, seems odd, but some people do have buyer's remorse. At any rate, I'd much rather see an owner sell their car on their own as opposed to returning to Tesla and making it an orphan. I never understood why there are so many orphans.

Status
Not open for further replies.