Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, Today I got my first ChargePoint email notification in 6 months of charging on their system. until this point their notification system was not working for me. I just unplugged tonight and got an email with that notice.

RodF, Yes, worth a try. Gigawatt has a Leaf. And uses TOU. He says its saved him a lot of money.
He says the 6 cents after 9 p.m. saves $$ And even with paying 2 cents more during peak, he avoids peak, but
the bonus is that his PV earns him an exrtra 2 cents during peak when he is generating juice. Worth a shot, I think.

Picked up my MS! Here's my 5 minute thoughts. Also, the shop is closing to fix the floor - that's all. The sealant paint on the floor is peeling off and apparently Tesla was misled by the installer. There was another silver there in front taking delivery, and looked like two more up on the rack getting prepped. I forgot to ask about how many are here - sorry, all rational thought left my head on first sight.

1. I agree with the other comments on the forum re: chrome strip along the door jamb - it somewhat confuses the clean lines when you have silver.
2. Slacker now prompts you to login with your account and there's no access to it until you do. DS says that's how it's supposed to be and there's no "Tesla account" I don't know what my password is, so need to do some research & report back.
3. Car had 18 miles on it on delivery and 174 miles range.
4. There's protective film on almost every non-seating surface in the cabin - need to peel those off.
5. I have the dots on the center console above the USB
6. Came with .61 firmware
7. I had the "Zero emissions" & chrome plate frame on the rear

That's it for now......will post pics & more later.

gmtom1. So Slacker wasn't working. I forgot to cue you up. You must decide what your first song is and report it here before you drove the car. My fault for not telling you. So, since you just got it and Slacker wasn't working, no foul. Don't jinx yourself. Now, officially, what's your first song? Get it posted and then play it.

The missing Slacker password has been discussed before on TM's forum. I think you need to make sure there's no userid showing in the Slacker account. The restart Slacker. TM forum user's have reported then the Car's OS puts the Tesla account and password back in. If that doesn't work, call Ownership, they know.

Picked up my MS! Here's my 5 minute thoughts. Also, the shop is closing to fix the floor - that's all. The sealant paint on the floor is peeling off and apparently Tesla was misled by the installer. There was another silver there in front taking delivery, and looked like two more up on the rack getting prepped. I forgot to ask about how many are here - sorry, all rational thought left my head on first sight.

1. I agree with the other comments on the forum re: chrome strip along the door jamb - it somewhat confuses the clean lines when you have silver.
2. Slacker now prompts you to login with your account and there's no access to it until you do. DS says that's how it's supposed to be and there's no "Tesla account" I don't know what my password is, so need to do some research & report back.
3. Car had 18 miles on it on delivery and 174 miles range.
4. There's protective film on almost every non-seating surface in the cabin - need to peel those off.
5. I have the dots on the center console above the USB
6. Came with .61 firmware
7. I had the "Zero emissions" & chrome plate frame on the rear

That's it for now......will post pics & more later.

From other threads, I found out that the protective sheeting on the 17" display has two layers. There is one thinner one and the thicker one. I suggest that you pull off the thinner layer but leave the other one on for protection.

Akikiki - Hahaha, nope didn't forget - brought my music collection on a USB with me. Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins, of course.

Re: Slacker - how do you restart? Reboot the main screen? The userid/pw box pops up immediately when I tap on Slacker under media. There's nothing in either field.

I used volkerize and searched TM.
There's more than one answer. Here's one from Dec '12
DouglasR | December 16, 2012 I heard from my Ownership Experience Advocate on this issue. I think his answer is of general interest:
"Rest assured, that you will have a Slacker account and access soon enough. We are currently transitioning from a manual to automatic sign-in system. In the coming days or weeks your account information will be pushed to your Model S directly and no further action is required on your end."

Another:
pilotSteve | December 19, 2012 @DouglasR - yup this is exactly the email answer I received. Sounds like there are LOTS of cars (Sigs) delivered without Slacker activated.
I asked "will the login come to my email?" and they said "no, it will be remotely activated by Tesla".
Waiting.......

Here's another try it
tvntesla | December 20, 2012 Slacker account information was pushed into my car by Tesla today and it is working great. If you have tried to use your own free account and it doesn't work in the car, you should log out then click on the T symbol on the top bar, Tesla says, and account information will be pushed to populate the Slacker app. That worked for me. My experience with Tesla service has been great

DouglasR | December 20, 2012 Yep, mine works too! Sweet.

Flag as inappropriate pilotSteve | December 20, 2012
me too.... Slacker activated automatically by Tesla yesterday. Having fun listening to Christmas music and playing 'stump the DJ'. Very nice feature!

Let us know.

Last edited:
RodF, Yes, worth a try. Gigawatt has a Leaf. And uses TOU. He says its saved him a lot of money.
He says the 6 cents after 9 p.m. saves $$ And even with paying 2 cents more during peak, he avoids peak, but
the bonus is that his PV earns him an exrtra 2 cents during peak when he is generating juice. Worth a shot, I think.

Didn't realize that TOU also paid more for PV production during the daytime. Hmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.