Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do most of you do when you need to take your MS in for service? Are you coordinating/scheduling through an email to ownership? Do you always get a loaner?

Just wondering and planning ahead since Waipahu is way out of the way for me to drop off the car on a normal day, so I'm thinking I'll need to arrange something special. I didn't sign up for the ranger service, so I'm assuming that they wouldn't come get the car from me. I will be taking her in eventually in the next several months for her first tire rotation and fixing the seat belt/B-pillar squeak issue, and whatever else service bulletins need to be done.

I try to coorindate in advance. I routinely send email to Luke's TM email account (LBrewbaker@) . Luke monitors it - even on weekends. You will usually get a response back from him before Monday morning. And for me, its always been responsive and useful allowing me to decide what's best for my given service call. They are moving forward with their expansion and soon will have a customer lounge for us to nap in while they work. In the meantime, I think they will provide you a loaner if they are going to need to keep yours more than (I believe it's) 4 hours, certainly 8 hours. They told me when we need to request a loaner, its best to coordinate your service visit a week in advance and let them know you need a loaner.

They just sold the White 60 loaner that had the Calf plates. So, now they are down to one Model S loaner. Someone was recently in for service and got a loaner but not a Tesla, it was an ICE.

gmtom1, I'd ask how long they need it and request the loaner, but at least a week in advance to get the P85. Send an email to Luke.

Yes. I concur with what Akikiki said. Get at Luke as he is easy to work with, is prompt with responses and strives to make scheduling fit your needs. They are doing the finishing touches to their expansion and he said it would be another 2-3 weeks. Then it should be very comfortable to lounge there if your service is just a couple of hours.
As a side note for those that may need a tire change soon, they will not install other tires than what is OEM (at least not now). I tried to see if they would handle that duty at the same time as my 12,500 mile service but I think I'm going with the Hankooks. Especially if I will have to be getting new tires every 10 months or so.

+1. Luke's great to work with and very responsive via email. They are really accommodating with scheduling appointment times. You have to let them know ahead of time if you need a loaner though. I was able to request a P85 loaner when they also had the 60 loaner.

I think they're all great. Attitude of the people you deal with starts from the top and they will only keep people that are on the same page with the Company's philosophy. I've been dealing with Jimmy the last couple of times and I was impressed with the level of service that he provides and the effort he puts into ensuring customer satisfaction.

Yes. I concur with what Akikiki said. Get at Luke as he is easy to work with, is prompt with responses and strives to make scheduling fit your needs. They are doing the finishing touches to their expansion and he said it would be another 2-3 weeks. Then it should be very comfortable to lounge there if your service is just a couple of hours.
As a side note for those that may need a tire change soon, they will not install other tires than what is OEM (at least not now). I tried to see if they would handle that duty at the same time as my 12,500 mile service but I think I'm going with the Hankooks. Especially if I will have to be getting new tires every 10 months or so.

I've had my car for over 10 months and just had my first tire rotation. So hopefully I'll get at least another week out of them.:scared:

I'm dealing with Jimmy right now setting up an appointment for next week with valet and a loaner and he's doing well by us. :)

And the nice thing was that this was a proactive reach out by Tesla Service. They emailed us and told us that there were several service bulletins that they wanted to apply to our car and asked to set up an appointment.

I have a problem. My MS has developed a whistle when I accelerate rapidly (30-55 for example). The whistle changes tone as soon as I back off on the accelerator. I'll call Luke tomorrow but what wondering if anyone has had this experience?

Is it similar to what is mentioned in this thread?
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/9350-The-high-pitched-whine-during-acceleration

Mine has a high-pitched whine when flooring it, but it's not too loud and I actually like it. Shows the marked difference between accelerating with an ICE car and an electric one. Many have reported differing degrees to the whine though, with some saying it happens even on moderate acceleration and is quite loud. That would be really annoying to me.
Read through that thread and if you feel it's unacceptable, I would bring it up to the service center.

The acceleration whine seems to be dependent on car. I have only heard it to a very minor extent on our 60 but did notice it on the P85+ that I rode in during my friend's test drive in Eugene, OR. In any case, I agree with having the SC take a look.

It's only started manifesting in the past week. It's not quite annoying, but it is noticeable. I actually prefer the silence of rapid acceleration in Momi because it is so different from an ICE. I had concierge service a couple of weeks ago (tire rotation and a few of the standard service tweaks) and got to drive a P85 for a day. There was no sound, whine, or whistle like I'm experiencing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.