Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drtko:
Thanks!
I also remembered that some times the Convention Center parking lot exit booths are unmanned, so you have to prepay at the office inside the Convention Center near the elevator, then after they code your ticket, you put it in the card reader upon exit. Have you encountered that situation? Wonder how the pre-paid parking booth attendants would know that you have an electric car if your car is not with you? Would we need to carry a photocopy of our registration?

Drtko:
Thanks!
I also remembered that some times the Convention Center parking lot exit booths are unmanned, so you have to prepay at the office inside the Convention Center near the elevator, then after they code your ticket, you put it in the card reader upon exit. Have you encountered that situation? Wonder how the pre-paid parking booth attendants would know that you have an electric car if your car is not with you? Would we need to carry a photocopy of our registration?

All the times I have been there, there has been an attendant. Not sure what to do in the other situations.

Come up the ramp? The two stalls I know of are on street level and near the entrance to the convention center.

At the Convention Center, when you go up the ramp off Kalakaua to the parking lot. It is the three stalls in the middle section of the first row. I don't remember the row number. All the times we have been there for work functions, I had parked there.

Saw this EV downtown today...the for sale sign said it was a 2007 Miles EV. Price $6000. Anyone ever heard of this car?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 189
am taking a last minute trip to the Bay Area in a couple weeks and wanted to try to do a factory tour. Who do I contact to arrange?

As RodF said, contact Tim McCann. Here's what he told me when I emailed regarding a tour a few weeks back:

"Currently, we schedule factory tour appointments Monday – Thursday. Please respond to this email with a couple days that may work for your schedule and I will check our availability. Also, include the total number of attendees in your response. We prefer to keep groups to maximum of four people, and everybody who joins the tour must be at least 48” (four feet) tall."

Also, there are other posts here that indicate cameras and other recording devices must be left at the door. I assume this means your phone too. Good luck and have fun!

am taking a last minute trip to the Bay Area in a couple weeks and wanted to try to do a factory tour. Who do I contact to arrange?

Good luck with that! We were referred to Mr. McCann but unfortunately they are not doing ANY factory tours for the entire month of July. I found out why after listening to today's 1st QTR earnings report. They're closing down the factory for 10 days to add another production line and make efficiency improvements to the current one.

Very cool, thanks! Is there an option to allow people to upload more than one pic at a time? It's kind of painful currently.

If it doesn't give you a photo album option, I think I can tag you in a shared specific album and you can upload. I'll create the other albums for other meet ups tonight. PM me your FB name if you want to go that route.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.