Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't believe it, they had the car but couldn't put the badge on it until today.

Badges, Badges? Badges??, We don't need no Stinkin' Badges.

- - - Updated - - -

The forum threads that talk about it says it should be within the next few days. Overall, I still think that the 70D is a great value considering what you're getting. I think the regular 85 will go away and the Gen 3 will be the "new 60".
of course the 85 will go away when they introduce the 100, think about it.
they were able to increase the 60 to 70 (increased 1 Kw for each 10kw in the pack) using that estimate, the 85 gives you 12.5kw more (total of 97.5)
assuming they rounded down to get an even 70, similar increases in the 85 without rounding down, they could probably get the 100 pack.

and to nitpick, the Gen 3 will be the new "40"

In case you haven't seen it yet, there's a FABULOUS video on youtube that is an "Uptown Funk" parody. Tesla and Elon of course play a role in the story. Check it out at:

SpaceX Launch You Up (Uptown Funk Parody) - YouTube

In case you don't recognize the "C" emblem that is destroyed by the battlestation, it is the emblem for Comcast, the nation's largest cable TV provider.
"Orbital" refers to a space company of that name that had some issues and was acquired by another.
"Mars One" is a work of reality TV fiction that parades as science, and the video makes fun of them.
"Shotwell" is the COO and president of SpaceX, and depicted as the good looking blonde that she is
"Mueller" is the rocket engine expert at SpaceX

Love it! I've watched about 20 times so far. It's full of private references and private SpaceX jokes.

Last edited:
Be on the look out for a new Tesla owner, Dave. He picked ours up today. Pearl White license number EV2059. Now the wait for our 70D will be harder. Eileen is still depressed over seeing it drive off :wink:

I know that empty feeling when your car drives off :crying:. Another Mililani Tesla, Yay!

I too know that empty feeling. And there's not a better description for that feeling. Funny though, when I sold mine in Aug of '13, I never thought you folks would go through this. You are going to learn now that you can go by the SC for a "fix" when you gotta have it.

Oh yes, and by the way, checking your My Tesla dashboard every 6 hours will move your car to production much faster. And after it goes into production - every two hours.

Last edited:
There is a Tesla Service Center located in Waipahu. Talk to my Service Advisor Jimmy Chow at 808.321.5467. Ive been a Mercedes owner for 40+ years and Tesla gives me the best service available .
I would rate their service in Honolulu as outstanding.

Hi honship, Are you a new owner? Please tell us a little about yourself. If you look on this forum, at the top menu, there's a Group selection. There's a Hawaii Tesla Owners group, and we have a Contact Information and Introductions thread. We'd like to hear more about and your experience with your Tesla.

Last edited:
New (to me) Tesla (formrely owned by Nanimac)

I know that empty feeling when your car drives off :crying:. Another Mililani Tesla, Yay!

Sorry Nanimac :)

Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ian and I recently purchased Nanimac's Model-S from her. I have always been a huge car enthusiast and a lover of turbos, superchargers, large displacement, and high rpms. My former 2010 Prius was my first experience with a sensible and green car and that was quickly replaced by a 2011 Leaf... which convinced me that EVs are the way of the future and which kept me very content until I experienced the Model S. Anyway, that's me. Hopefully I will see you guys around at a future Tesla Hawaii event.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: switchkfbsts

Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ian and I recently purchased Nanimac's Model-S from her. I have always been a huge car enthusiast and a lover of turbos, superchargers, large displacement, and high rpms. My former 2010 Prius was my first experience with a sensible and green car and that was quickly replaced by a 2011 Leaf... which convinced me that EVs are the way of the future and which kept me very content until I experienced the Model S. Anyway, that's me. Hopefully I will see you guys around at a future Tesla Hawaii event.

Welcome to the forum, theoverachiever. I also have a 40kwh model but mine is green.

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to the forum! I miss YOUR car...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.