Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - TMC Connect Registration open (10-12 July 2015)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Papafox, looks like I'm in!!!!!!
Do you think you can get me from the airport?
Here is the itinerary that my travel office sent me this A.M.:
Option 1
United Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines
Jul 4 departs from Honolulu at 11:20am arrives Los Angeles 8pm
departs from Los Angeles at 10:10pm arrives Toronto 6am (on Jul 5)
Jul 10 departs from Torotno at 8:15am arrives Denver 9:55am
departs from Denver at 11:55am arrives San Jose (California) 1:31pm
Jul 13 departs from San Jose 9:10am arrives Honolulu 11:40am

Option 2
American Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines
Jul 4 departs from Honolulu at 5:40pm arrives Dallas 6:19am (Jul 5)
departs from Dallas at 7:10am arrives Toronto 11:19am
Jul 10 departs from Toronto at 8:15am arrives Chicago 9:05am
departs from Chicago at 10:16am arrives San Jose 12:50pm
Jul 13 departs from San Jose at 9:10am arrives Toronto 11:40am

Please review the dates and times, and let me know which flight works better for you!

I'm super stoked though wish I could have gotten there just a LITTLE bit earlier so I could do the factory tour too!
Still, I won't miss any of Saturday, which is awesome, so I'm thankful.

Hope you still have room in your ocean blue dream machine!

-Stephen

edit: I'm looking at option 1 since option 2 has me going back to Toronto instead of Honolulu :tongue:

Option 1

Option 2

Please review the dates and times, and let me know which flight works better for you!

I'm super stoked though wish I could have gotten there just a LITTLE bit earlier so I could do the factory tour too!

-Stephen

edit: I'm looking at option 1 since option 2 has me going back to Toronto instead of Honolulu :tongue:
If PapaFox can't fit you in I can pick you up. I will be there from the 3rd (direct on Hawaiian) and will have an ICE rental. that is unless your arrival conflicts with my factory tour.:biggrin:

Option 1

Option 2

-Stephen

StephenM,
Hey, that's so cool you can make it! I'd be glad to pick you up on Friday the 10th at San Jose Airport and whisk you over to the activities. You have the choice of traveling in an ocean blue Tesla 70D with a little dog hair in it, or you can travel with dsmith in a rental ICE car. Caution, those ICE cars create all kinds of weird gases. I'd buy one of those carbon monoxide detectors if you ride with dsmith, just in case the tailpipe has been connected to the air vents or some such nonesense. Be careful with leaving items between the seats, too, as some of those ICE rental cars include gearshift knobs and other throwbacks to the early days of automobiles. For now, I'll expect you to ride with me. Let me see if I can change my preferences for a factory tour so that there's no conflict.

StephenM,
Hey, that's so cool you can make it! I'd be glad to pick you up on Friday the 10th at San Jose Airport and whisk you over to the activities. You have the choice of traveling in an ocean blue Tesla 70D with a little dog hair in it, or you can travel with dsmith in a rental ICE car. Caution, those ICE cars create all kinds of weird gases. I'd buy one of those carbon monoxide detectors if you ride with dsmith, just in case the tailpipe has been connected to the air vents or some such nonesense. Be careful with leaving items between the seats, too, as some of those ICE rental cars include gearshift knobs and other throwbacks to the early days of automobiles. For now, I'll expect you to ride with me. Let me see if I can change my preferences for a factory tour so that there's no conflict.

Papafox, hmmmmm. Such a difficult decision. Intergalactic spaceboat of light and wonder, or 20th century tech fossil fuel burning ozone destroyer. See you in San Jose :)

Just confirmed with TMC Connect and booked the hotel.
A month and a half away but still exciting!
47 days and counting down. Now all you need is the
TMCC15.png

Last edited:
10 days to go.
from the posted list of TMC users that have made a reservation I see 4 for Hawaii.
  • dpodoll Waikele (Oahu)
  • dsmith2189 Honolulu, HI (departs Jul 3)
  • Papafox Kailua, Hawaii, USA
  • StephenM Honolulu, HI

Just learned that I have a factory tour Friday, at 10:30am. I'll behave myself so that Tesla doesn't impose an embargo on Hawaii TMC members by the time dpodoll shows up for the 11:00am tour.

StephenM, are you arriving San Jose airport at 1:31pm? If so, the timing of the factory tour and then picking you on the way to the hotel will work great. Iceman won't be on the mainland until shortly after TMC Connect. Definitely stoked about the event.

Just learned that I have a factory tour Friday, at 10:30am. I'll behave myself so that Tesla doesn't impose an embargo on Hawaii TMC members by the time dpodoll shows up for the 11:00am tour.

StephenM, are you arriving San Jose airport at 1:31pm? If so, the timing of the factory tour and then picking you on the way to the hotel will work great. Iceman won't be on the mainland until shortly after TMC Connect. Definitely stoked about the event.
I guess they send out all the factory tour schedule today. mine is at 10:30 am Monday July 13:biggrin:

There should be a new design T-Shirt for folks like you - that have purchased two Model S's. You would wear it to the factory tour has their hint that you get to misbehave a little without punishment.

I got the same notification about a factory tour at 10:30 am but don't arrive until 1:30 pm :crying:

I got the same notification about a factory tour at 10:30 am but don't arrive until 1:30 pm :crying:

Tour schedule
  • dpodoll Friday, at 11:00am
  • dsmith2189 Monday, at 10:30am
  • Papafox Friday, at 10:30am
  • StephenM Friday, at 10:30am
Stephen M, I may have to show up on Friday to "save your place" in the tour:biggrin:

Last edited:
Tour schedule
  • dpodoll Friday, at 11:00am
  • dsmith2189 Monday, at 10:30am
  • Papafox Friday, at 10:30am
  • StephenM Friday, at 10:30am
Stephen M, I may have to show up on Friday to "save your place" in the tour:biggrin:

Stephen M, why don't you post a notice on the TMC Connect forum and offer to trade your 10:30am time for another? Personally, I think it's a great time and you may have takers.

- - - Updated - - -

There should be a new design T-Shirt for folks like you - that have purchased two Model S's. You would wear it to the factory tour has their hint that you get to misbehave a little without punishment.

Better yet, with four of us touring the factory on Friday, we could devise a scheme to make the Hawaii TMC group members memorable. Perhaps we could give away those small bags of macadamia nuts. That way, the factory tour guides will jump at the chance to give tours to other Hawaii Tesla owners. It's a whole lot less obvious than trying to ply info from the guides with a bottle of whiskey.

Stephen M, why don't you post a notice on the TMC Connect forum and offer to trade your 10:30am time for another? Personally, I think it's a great time and you may have takers.

- - - Updated - - -

Better yet, with four of us touring the factory on Friday, we could devise a scheme to make the Hawaii TMC group members memorable. Perhaps we could give away those small bags of macadamia nuts. That way, the factory tour guides will jump at the chance to give tours to other Hawaii Tesla owners. It's a whole lot less obvious than trying to ply info from the guides with a bottle of whiskey.
Awww NUTS:cursing: a bottle of whiskey:confused::love: I vote that they give out the Whiskey. I can get nuts anytime.
I need to see if I have a LOUD aloha shirt that didn't "shrink" in the wash.:redface:

- - - Updated - - -

Both really good suggestions Papafox!

OK, now that I am here, how do I get this ICE rental to move? I keep moving the stalk but all that happens is the windshield wipers swipe. What do I do with that lever between the seats that is labeled PRND1D2...
On a positive note I met two Zambezi fireworks techs and they invited me to the show tomorrow. :biggrin:

Papafox, I unfortunately left my iPhone at the TSA x-ray machine when trying to rush through screening to catch my connection to Toronto. I still have my iPad for communication where I can find wi-fi, so I'll pm you my email. Also, if you have i-messaging text is still possible to me. In any case the flight is still UA1254 out of Denver to arrive in San Jose at 1:31 pm Friday. See you there!