TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Head and leg room for driver?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Ev43, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Ev43

Ev43 Member

Do we know what the head and leg room will be in rhe model 3? I'm 6'4" but I assume from what I have read that won't be a problem.

2. garsh

garsh Re Member

I've read that a 6'5" male was able to sit in the back seat with headroom to spare, which is quite an impressive feat. But I've yet to hear any information about fitting tall people into the front seats.

3. Grzesiak

Grzesiak New Member

Curious about this as well. I test drove an S and I was disappointed with the leg room.

I understand that at 6'8 fitting into most cars will be difficult but I'm hoping the 3 will work.

Reservation is in but until I can test drive one I won't be able to make any decisions.

4. Zoomit

Zoomit Part 3 Awaiter

I'm 6'4" and what usually gets me for headroom is the sunroof frame, which will sit just above my head and does not allow the sunroof to provide any extra useful headspace. However, the Model 3 roofline appears to allow the driver's head more room.

This Model 3 test drive VR video shows the headroom available for front and rear passengers. For tall rear seat passengers, it looks like bumpy roads might make them hit the side of their head on the roof frame, as it does appear to be close. Don't forget to move the camera around!

5. Ev43

Ev43 Member

Thank you for the info and film clip. I think that with the dash area as far forward as it appears to be we will be fine. I am anxious to test drive one though to make sure.