Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Head and leg room for driver?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious about this as well. I test drove an S and I was disappointed with the leg room.

I understand that at 6'8 fitting into most cars will be difficult but I'm hoping the 3 will work.

Reservation is in but until I can test drive one I won't be able to make any decisions.

I'm 6'4" and what usually gets me for headroom is the sunroof frame, which will sit just above my head and does not allow the sunroof to provide any extra useful headspace. However, the Model 3 roofline appears to allow the driver's head more room.

This Model 3 test drive VR video shows the headroom available for front and rear passengers. For tall rear seat passengers, it looks like bumpy roads might make them hit the side of their head on the roof frame, as it does appear to be close. Don't forget to move the camera around!

I'm 6'4" and what usually gets me for headroom is the sunroof frame, which will sit just above my head and does not allow the sunroof to provide any extra useful headspace. However, the Model 3 roofline appears to allow the driver's head more room.

This Model 3 test drive VR video shows the headroom available for front and rear passengers. For tall rear seat passengers, it looks like bumpy roads might make them hit the side of their head on the roof frame, as it does appear to be close. Don't forget to move the camera around!

Thank you for the info and film clip. I think that with the dash area as far forward as it appears to be we will be fine. I am anxious to test drive one though to make sure.

My problem is long legs. I don't fit in normal airline coach seat, especially when person in front reclines. Almost bought the small Lexus SUV but not enough leg room. Can anyone who actually sat in front seat during one of the model 3 demos help explain driver side leg room.