Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Static stoplight display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm 6'4'' It seems no matter where I am, the stoplight is obscured by the headliner and I have to duck my head under to see the light change. This is one of the few reasons I wouldn't mind upgrading to a Model X. This has been a problem in almost every car I've owned. I know the display has it partially already, It'd be nice to have a fixed, crystal clear display of the stop light in the display so I don't always have to duck my head. Anyone else have this problem?

Upvote 0
I'm 6
I'm 6'4'' It seems no matter where I am, the stoplight is obscured by the headliner and I have to duck my head under to see the light change. This is one of the few reasons I wouldn't mind upgrading to a Model X. This has been a problem in almost every car I've owned. I know the display has it partially already, It'd be nice to have a fixed, crystal clear display of the stop light in the display so I don't always have to duck my head. Anyone else have this problem?
6'1" and I have had that problem occasionally on different cars. I say occasionally because it depends on where the light is wrt to the stop line. In those instances where I have had this, I just don't pull all the way up to the stop line. It's not required that you pull all the way up. And in those cases where a car's presence triggers the change, it would still happen. If the trigger mechanism is camera based, the small one over the light would still see you. If the trigger mechanism is embedded in the road surface you will still be close enough to trigger it as well.

• Informative
Reactions: DblOSmith