Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headlight stays on all the time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6E783E00-DDB6-4551-9CA5-9A2BE294B5E9.jpeg
One month in with my Model S 75D. Only issue so far is this part of the front left headlight stays on all the time. Just the front left and just that LED strip. Anyone else have this problem or heard of it? Worth an appointment at SC?

Only one? That is definitely a bug. There have been posts about the 'eyebrows' not working at all (range mode!) but this definitely an issue if one works when it's not supposed to.

Some countries have the DRL requirement (Canada?), but no one has 'left side only' that I'm aware of! :D

I assume you've rebooted to see if it helps? Usual hold down the scroll wheels until MCU goes out....

Some countries have the DRL requirement (Canada?)

Yes, Canada has a mandatory DRL requirement. The switch to disable them is not present on Canadian cars.

Pre-facelift cars had two level "eyebrow" accent lights and in Canada, the "bright" setting was permanently on during the day. When the headlights came on, the accent lights dimmed to "parking light" level and combined with the headlight. Newer cars only have one brightness level for this accent light and therefore the low beam headlights run all the time.