Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

headlights and 2023.26.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since applying 2023.26.8 my headlights appear to come on randomly during the day. Has anyone else experienced this? I’m aware of the new wiper/headlight function since this new version but my wipers are not on when the headlights come on.

Lately I’ve noticed headlights will come on when passing under a long stretch of trees on both sides of the road where the light is low. My guess is there was a software adjustment that changed the sensitivity of lower light conditions.

Lately I’ve noticed headlights will come on when passing under a long stretch of trees on both sides of the road where the light is low. My guess is there was a software adjustment that changed the sensitivity of lower light conditions.

My headlights were doing that long before the latest updates. When I start the car, I turn the headlights off to avoid the on and off behavior.

My headlights were doing that long before the latest updates. When I start the car, I turn the headlights off to avoid the on and off behavior.
I also have seen this behavior before 26.8 and have gotten used to it. another problem with the headlight system is that the Auto setting will not switch to high beams if the car is driving under 20MPH. If anyone knows a trick to get highs under 20 please let me know. thanks.