Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headrest catches me in upper back, it won't go high enough

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else have this problem? With the seat upright and the headrest at maximum height, that lower tail of the headrest catches me in upper back and really hurts. The only solution is to crank the seat angle back a bit, but I'd rather be upright.

Any ideas on this one? Both sides are the same, so I think it's working as designed. Maybe I have some other seat adjustment in an odd position. I can't figure it.

Thanks for any comments or ideas!

Oh, I'm 6 feet tall...

Charles.

Does anyone else have this problem? With the seat upright and the headrest at maximum height, that lower tail of the headrest catches me in upper back and really hurts. The only solution is to crank the seat angle back a bit, but I'd rather be upright.

Any ideas on this one? Both sides are the same, so I think it's working as designed. Maybe I have some other seat adjustment in an odd position. I can't figure it.

Oh, I'm 6 feet tall...

Charles.

I feel you, 6'8" and can't get an X due to that (and being cheap). Spent an hour at the gallery trying to make it work. A pillow in the headrest/ seat gap was the best solution we found.

The 3 seats seemed fine though..

My father inlaw was driving my X over the Holidays and this was his biggest complaint. We tried a bunch of settings, but the fact that the tail never goes flush at full height is the issue. Agreed that it's working as designed, but it's an odd design.

It seems they built the seat for people who like to lay down.
If you look at if from the side, the headrest sticks out 3-4 inches, where flat would have been my preference.
There was someone who took it out, carefully bent the supports and put back in.

Reactions: mongo
Thanks guys. I should never have tried to figure out what you were talking about. At 6'2", I never really noticed this issue, so I had to check it out. Sat in the car and sure enough I can feel that lower part of the headrest sticking out. For me it does tend to go between the shoulder blades so it is not as noticeable as it seems to be for others, but now I know it is there. Wondering if the added support between the shoulder blades would help with whiplash.

I am hoping I can forget about it and go on in ignorance.

Reactions: mongo
Thanks guys. I should never have tried to figure out what you were talking about. At 6'2", I never really noticed this issue, so I had to check it out. Sat in the car and sure enough I can feel that lower part of the headrest sticking out. For me it does tend to go between the shoulder blades so it is not as noticeable as it seems to be for others, but now I know it is there. Wondering if the added support between the shoulder blades would help with whiplash.

I am hoping I can forget about it and go on in ignorance.

Did you know your tongue fits in your mouth?
Oh, and don't forget to breathe.

Misery appreciates company...

Oh, I'm 6 feet tall...

Charles.
Same issue, bought Cushion Lab seat pad for better alignment.