Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heads up display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sleepydoc

Aug 2, 2020
Minneapolis
I stumbled across this the other day. I know a lot of people would like a HUD for their Tesla and this looks interesting/promising. I have no experience with it so I can't recommend for or against it, just putting it up for people who might be interested.

Reactions: xls_
It even comes with an EDD way off in the future, so perfect for a Tesla 🤡

1660238132268.png

• Informative
Reactions: jsmay311
I think you’re missing the op’s goal of not waiting on Tesla to roll out working fsd in the next 5 years and not paying $12k+ for it.
My goal was simply to make people aware of a device that they might find useful.

Personally, I don’t think Tesla will have true FSD in the near future and certainly not the ability to completely do away with steering controls in the foreseeable future. To each their own, though. If you believe that then this device probably isn’t for you.

Reactions: Sixth and DrGriz
My goal was simply to make people aware of a device that they might find useful.

Personally, I don’t think Tesla will have true FSD in the near future and certainly not the ability to completely do away with steering controls in the foreseeable future. To each their own, though. If you believe that then this device probably isn’t for you.
I think you misread my post buddy.

Nice that lots of companies are looking at different solutions but this unit looks a bit bulky and the exposed wiring is not too attractive. So far the only auxiliary display (albeit, not an HUD) for the 3/Y that truly looks integrated is the one T Sportline and the EV-shop sells.

The problem with that one that people say the software and graphics are subpar. The one in this thread at least seems to support other map software.
Hopefully the functionality of the HUDWAY unit is better than it's form. I guess there is no perfect solution at this point. Hopefully someone can build a unit with great graphics and functionality along with an integrated form factor.

Reactions: iderdik