Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heat Pump Sound Issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
fyi here is what the invoice said was done to fix it. Hope this helps anyone with a similar issue.

"Removed upper pump and replaced it along with 2 O rings (Inner/outer). Performed vacuum fill then performed coolant air plurge. Noise is no longer present. Verified no leaks are present.

Parts: 1133851-00-K and 1029320-00"

Looks like they forgot to subtract the $185 fee for your investigation...

• Funny
Reactions: VikH
Guys, I'm also noticing the loud motor noise in my Model Y. Tesla Service checked it and said its all normal & they verified it with Tesla Engg Team.
Link:

Sounds like you might have the same Octovalve problem that another member on this forum had. Here is a video of his octovalve close up (sounds the same to me)

Octovalve.MOV

Here is the link to the thread. He was able to get service to resolve.

Heat Pump Sound Issue?

edit: LOL, I didn't realize this was the same thread... Scroll up hahaha.

Reactions: DaveMike11
I have a similar sound when the system first spins up for about 30-60 seconds..then gets quieter...

According to my sc they say that is normal and the y is a noisier system...
Btw, the heat pump wrap is now available...i was able to get them to order that in

If anyone can get the detailed technical service info for the other fixes for the sound that would be greatly appreciated...

I’m concerned the wrap is not the only answer as it is a vibrating buzz a litte..but i need to get the SC to listen to me as they currently say its normal and its not...

If anyone can get the detailed technical service info for the other fixes for the sound that would be greatly appreciated...

The best information about noise that I have seen is this:

I waited a few days and put in another service ticket this past Monday. I took off the cover for my frunk and noticed the sound was coming from the Octovalve area instead of my Heat Pump. I sent them a few more videos and they said engineering looked at them and said they needed to replace my "Coolant Pump".

Part Ordered
Service Kit, Coolant Pump
Part #:1133851-00-G
Order Qty:2

fyi, my issue has been 100% resolved now. Took a couple days but they replaced the coolant pump. My issue had nothing to do with the heat pump. I'm waiting for a parts list of everything that was changed out but will post once I get it in. If yours sounds anything like mine without the heat on, take it in.

Last edited:

I’m concerned the wrap is not the only answer as it is a vibrating buzz a litte..but i need to get the SC to listen to me as they currently say its normal and its not...

Same concern i have. The Tesla SC is not listening. They keep saying they checked with the Tesla Engg & its Normal.

Do you feel this is the same noise??? Before i push the sc hard i want to make sure i have a similar problem

iCloud

Larry, honestly yours sounds normal. Sounds like the AC is working pretty hard and that's how both our Y's sound when it's on full blast. My issue was more at the lower AC levels. Was very loud outside and more importantly inside the cabin. If you don't hear anything inside the cabin, I wouldn't be too worried.

Larry, honestly yours sounds normal. Sounds like the AC is working pretty hard and that's how both our Y's sound when it's on full blast. My issue was more at the lower AC levels. Was very loud outside and more importantly inside the cabin. If you don't hear anything inside the cabin, I wouldn't be too worried.
I do hear it inside when its initially spun up for the first 30-60 seconds..and can feel a little vibration in the steering wheel

-so a few minutes after i have walked away from my car-model y-it sounds like something is running in my car. i look at the app and it does not show the air going so i get in my car and turn off my air- or turn on and off the camp/dog section of the my screen then it shuts off...is this common. today- i got in my car- not driving it just trying to the learn the ac system and it sounded like my car was going to take off until i turned off my power to my ac. not sure what is happening but think i might want to get it in. my person i bought it from was terrible. he did not show me not one feature of the car or how anything worked so its trial and error for me...

-so a few minutes after i have walked away from my car-model y-it sounds like something is running in my car. i look at the app and it does not show the air going so i get in my car and turn off my air- or turn on and off the camp/dog section of the my screen then it shuts off...is this common. today- i got in my car- not driving it just trying to the learn the ac system and it sounded like my car was going to take off until i turned off my power to my ac. not sure what is happening but think i might want to get it in. my person i bought it from was terrible. he did not show me not one feature of the car or how anything worked so its trial and error for me...
also my fan was set at a 4 or 5 and my temperature was 65 to 68...