Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated Steering Wheel on Model 3 SR+ 2021 - August Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you mean the heated rear seats as well as front seats? (I can't get any detail on this when I go to Teslas website.)
Yes, for newly ordered vehicles:
1636715786411.png

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Durzel and Adopado
It seems sensible to me that the difference between a dual motor LR Model 3 and a Model 3 should simply be an extra motor for AWD and performance increase plus a bigger battery for extra range. We seem to be getting a little bit closer to that. I can't really see why someone who buys a car with standard range would be looking for less than optimal sound system and a lack of ambient or fog lights! That just smacks of the old fashioned motor manufacturing ploy when trying to sell a much more expensive model to someone who really only wants the addition of a relatively inexpensive feature.

Which the LR needs, as it has a bigger battery to fill.

SR has smaller battery, so slower charging, but less to fill.

But to travel the same distance, the SR needs less energy so doesn't need to charge as fast (and all else being equal, speed of charge and discharge is based upon battery capacity and limited by C rating). I am sure most people won't fill the battery based upon battery size but based upon how far they need to travel.

Reactions: Simonix
I see several cars in the inventory now, in various countries, that are listed with rear heated seats. In the source code there is also references to a cold weather pack with a description that indicates that these cars also has heated steering wheels.

For the new versions this is as expected, but some of these vehicles seems to be the old sr+ with production date at the beginning of september. I find it strange that some of the old models have this upgrade, while others dont.

The difference in the manufacturing code list for these vehicles are SWF1 vs SWF0.

Could that indicate some changes to the steering wheel hardware? and that there will probably not be a software unlock for older 2021 models?

Well I "ummed and ahed", as you could buy many nice things with £275. Like some nice meals out or a coffee machine. Also it might be a pain to go thru so many screens to get to the heated seats & wheel controls... Yes, I know you can use voice commands. But in the end I relented and paid the money to Elon.
Five minutes later I had a nice toasty warm steering wheel that I'm going to leave ON from now till the end of winter.

Sheer luxury I must say to drive with warm hands!

Now I just need to find some friends to give a lift too so that they will be impressed when the rear seat heat up...

Well I "ummed and ahed", as you could buy many nice things with £275. Like some nice meals out or a coffee machine. Also it might be a pain to go thru so many screens to get to the heated seats & wheel controls... Yes, I know you can use voice commands. But in the end I relented and paid the money to Elon.
Five minutes later I had a nice toasty warm steering wheel that I'm going to leave ON from now till the end of winter.

Sheer luxury I must say to drive with warm hands!

Now I just need to find some friends to give a lift too so that they will be impressed when the rear seat heat up...
We just wandered around a very wet and cold Chester Zoo to see the Christmas Lanterns (which were brilliant as usual). But I was bloody frozen, hands especially so. Getting back into a pre heated car with a hot wheel was luxury. The little one was so grateful for the rear heated seat too.

Money well spent and a happy (and warm) family.