Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We finally picked up ours after 1hr on Uber traffic last night. Only two of 3s were getting delivered at the time. No swags, no extra lightning cables, we're ushered to go on our way as they're closing. Which is okay since they can't go red carpet on 400k more people I suppose.

On the way home, I started to notice not much heat coming in, maybe it's EV thing like MS so I ignored. Then my wife confirms it in the morning she was cold driving to the city (despite the really great drive that is).

I took it in to a SC today after some wiggling (SC didn't want to take it in right away, fully booked they say) but I asked them if I should go ahead and show off my new M3 with the broken heater to general public and give really reliable impression of Tesla, so they took it off of my hands instead.

I wasn't sure if I should post this to be seen by Tesla social team, but they didn't ask me to do an NDA, and everyone should know things coming out of M3 line are not perfect. When you're rushed out the door, it's hard to verify things like heater functioning correctly. I at least, checked hood alignment and panel gaps, but heater wasn't on the checklist! I mean the guy teaching my wife how to use the car only spent 3 minutes.

I've read posts of 3's body, speaker and now I personally experienced non functioning heater.

I've had post delivery minor malfunctions on MS as well and responses were completely different among two different SCs ( 'seem normal' to issues found). I'll keep posted how 'quickly' things turn around this time.

Hopefully they’ll be able to fix it quickly.

One thing I do hate about Tesla service is that we basically have to threaten them to do things that they should already be doing. It’s really annoying. I’ve had better experiences at Hyundai service.

Huh, I guess I wasn't the first one to threaten PR on the SC. One reason why decided to post is that Palo Alto SC admin tried to blow me off by saying there's no slot available this week. You just don't do that to a family who just received their dream car yesterday, after being patient for 6 weeks.

Maybe I look too much like a student. A few people on the site also told me to make an appointment and come back. I had to go whole nine yards on 'well do you want me to show others broken model 3?'

They're expediting the case. Whatever that means.

Ours have absolutely no heat. Even at HI cold air blows.

Your experience is an excellent reminder to take our time at delivery and make sure that everything functions correctly. HVAC and seat heaters are added to my checklist now. I will resist the rush. Thanks for sharing.
Just curious, if you are taking delivery and you notice the heater not working in this case, what happens? Do you not take the car right then? Do you get assigned a different car later? Or is it really the same as if you had noticed it later after driving it home and having to take it into a SC?

Just FYI, your delivery experience might also be really rushed if you have late appointments. We felt like we're holding the workers so it was assumed that we sign papers right away.

They didn't really have any cars to deliver, but I think people are trained to deliver quickly for next 400k deliveries. This is different from model S/X days.

I've read enough about body and paint, so I was really careful looking for defects but HVAC is hard to know, in climate controlled room - now you guys know!

So far, delivery people are not taking any responsibility on their part. I understand where they're coming from- if I were them, I'd rather have customers sign papers and drive away unnoticed at the center, so that I don't have to deal with angry customers and returns, too. I bet EM/JB doesn't know this dilemma.

I wish I knew this prior to delivery, I'd rather have delayed car or different Vin for us. I'm basically handed off to a nearest SC, which didn't give me priority at first. I've made all the noise I can so that this 'pre-delivery' issue gets fixed in timely manner. Very unlike me that I have to be so demanding and biatchy.

They upgraded my sw last week. Result, no heat, no Navigate to, no sunroof control with thumb wheel, does not rember to raise on my dirt road anymore, shall i go on? There is more. I thought sw upgrade was better??
Help desk person then said, they also did not check your default codes, you have alot.
But they did give me new air bag. And wash it.