Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heavy steering and pedals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is new.

Personally I have the steering option on Standard, it's just right for me. I will say with my limited experiences with some cheaper cars (Honda Civics/Accords/CR-Vs), it is slightly heavier, but I don't find it a big deal.

I don't think the accelerator pedal is too heavy either... plus I wouldn't want it to be too light, or else I will probably have to change my tires every 10k miles or so from the acceleration, ha.

I haven't noticed any change in our 3 on 2020.12.11.1. I use comfort steering. That seems about as easy as I'd want. I don't know of any way to adjust the pedals. I don't think it should feel heavy (in comfort mode) regardless of what you're used too. And I can't think of any specific problem that would cause both to feel that way.

Am I the only one that thinks it take too much energy to drive the car? The steering is excessively heavy even in comfort mode, and the accelerator pedal is awfully heavy to depress.
No. I feel the exact same way... I've test driven another model to compare and had the wheel alignment checked. And still Tesla say there is nothing wrong. Starting to think it's just me, but it's the most effort I've had to put in to driving a car. Made even more obvious by having a model s as a loaner whilst mine was in for service.

I guess a lot of people are getting used to the light steering wheel feel.. I came from 2011 BMW e92 coupe and love the heavy feel.. I actually don't like steering wheels that you can turn with your finger.

I guess a lot of people are getting used to the light steering wheel feel.. I came from 2011 BMW e92 coupe and love the heavy feel.. I actually don't like steering wheels that you can turn with your finger.
I'm not tracking my car 99% of the time. So I rather have a comfortable drive without too much effort while commuting or on a long road trip.

It doesn't appear the steering is sensitive and adjust to actual speed, whether I'm going 5 or 75 which doesn't make sense.

I drive mine like a sports car, and I have driven some in the past that had SERIOUSLY stiff everything. My steering is set to standard on city streets, and I switch to sport on the freeway. I've never thought about the pedals, especially considering there's no clutch.