Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from El Paso ,TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What up ya'll

New to the forum, i'm from El Paso, TX. I want to own a Model 3 in the future, i'm 25 years old. Also it would be great to have a Supercharger in El Paso. Currently we have destination charging I think ... Anyways that's it for now. Cheers.

What up ya'll

New to the forum, i'm from El Paso, TX. I want to own a Model 3 in the future, i'm 25 years old. Also it would be great to have a Supercharger in El Paso. Currently we have destination charging I think ... Anyways that's it for now. Cheers.

If you live in El Paso, it would be better to have two - one in Lordsburg or Deming, NM and one in Van Horn TX. You'll find that when you start a trip, you will probably be fully charged, so those locations would be your first Supercharging site depending on which way you are headed.
But having a Supercharger in your home location, most of us have found that it's relatively cheap and convenient to charge at home. If not at a 'charge friendly' residence, start working to fix that problem now.
Filling up at a SC near home limits your range to one fully charged battery - but if that one SC is, say 150 miles from home, your range now extends an extra 150 miles.

• Helpful
Reactions: Chuq
Hi, what about service in El Paso? I'm aware the cars have less moving parts than regular cars and are less prone to breaking down, but what happens if they do? If the door jams? If you're involved in a crash? The closest service center is in Phoenix with one "coming soon" to Albuquerque (4 hrs away)...

I just took delivery of my Model 3 here in El Paso. There is a supercharger on i10 in Prado Verde - just over the border in New Mexico - but if you live in El Paso - then what do you care? Just charge it in your garage.

There are now enough superchargers on i10 and i20 to get to pretty much anywhere - so it's really not a problem. There is also a Tesla Service Center on the north side of the Airport.

That said - since about 6 months ago when I first started thinking about getting a Tesla - I've been looking out for them in El Paso - and so far, the count is ONE (well, TWO since my car was delivered yesterday!). I saw an 'S' parked outside of Costco a couple of weeks ago - but it had California plates.

When we recently visited North Dallas - we must have seen a dozen of them over the weekend.

So without doubt there aren't many Tesla's here yet.

It would be interesting to hear of other El Pasoan Teslarati.

Hello Steve and Welcome. My grandson is stationed there at Ft. Bliss, and we have been thinking of taking a trip out there in our Tesla for a visit with him and his family. I had wondered about the number of Tesla owners in that area and the availability of chargers and you have given some good information on this. I have owned many car's in my life time, and I tell people that a Tesla will be an entirely new experience and life style. I'm pushing my wife for us to get a second Model 3 for her to drive..(so I can get back mine from her).

Hello Steve and Welcome. My grandson is stationed there at Ft. Bliss, and we have been thinking of taking a trip out there in our Tesla for a visit with him and his family. I had wondered about the number of Tesla owners in that area and the availability of chargers and you have given some good information on this. I have owned many car's in my life time, and I tell people that a Tesla will be an entirely new experience and life style. I'm pushing my wife for us to get a second Model 3 for her to drive..(so I can get back mine from her).

Cool! Well, it's not QUITE enough to start the El Paso Tesla Owners Club...but it's a start! :)

My wife had a KIA and I have a MINI Cooper - we've been THINKING about Tesla's for the longest time and when the KIA reached the end of lease and the last MINI payment was paid - we realized that without those two car payments, we could turn in the KIA, afford a Model 3 *and* keep the MINI (which is now paid for). But both of us work from home - we really only need one car. But we decided to keep the MINI (at least until we're 100% comfortable with the Tesla). If we end up not using the MINI - we can eventually sell it. It's old enough that no buyers will care much how old it is so long as the mileage is low (like 50k) - so there is really no pressure to get rid of it right now.

My feeling it that I'll keep it for those few times when I really feel like having a turbo-charged stick-shift go-kart to play with!

But maybe the Tesla will prove that I don't...we'll see!