Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from Seattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my lovely grey Model S85 at the new delivery center on Nov. 5, and wasn't it a terrific early birthday present. We've been traveling ever since, and now have nearly 9000 miles logged. This from an old retired fart that hasn't driven more than 5000 miles/yr. in the last 10 . . . I can't believe how much I love this . . . I was gonna say "car" but calling the Model S a car is like calling the USS Enterprise a boat!

It's truly hard to say what's best in the MS . . . no emissions - great! . . . not buying gas - also cool . . . but honestly, it's that incredible feeling of power underneath the "juice" pedal. One doesn't have to really "punch it" (that's just showing off), only a gentle press on the pedal and that awesome feeling of unleashed power exudes through the seat back, and the wheel, and of course, through you. Marlene Dietrich sang it . .. "Falling in Love Again . . . What am I to Do". I know, let's go somewhere . . .

I picked up my lovely grey Model S85 at the new delivery center on Nov. 5, and wasn't it a terrific early birthday present. We've been traveling ever since, and now have nearly 9000 miles logged. This from an old retired fart that hasn't driven more than 5000 miles/yr. in the last 10 . . . I can't believe how much I love this . . . I was gonna say "car" but calling the Model S a car is like calling the USS Enterprise a boat!

It's truly hard to say what's best in the MS . . . no emissions - great! . . . not buying gas - also cool . . . but honestly, it's that incredible feeling of power underneath the "juice" pedal. One doesn't have to really "punch it" (that's just showing off), only a gentle press on the pedal and that awesome feeling of unleashed power exudes through the seat back, and the wheel, and of course, through you. Marlene Dietrich sang it . .. "Falling in Love Again . . . What am I to Do". I know, let's go somewhere . . .

Thanks is for the great review. We took another test drive today and am looking forward to enjoying our Model S as much as you.

Happy driving.

Another old retired Seattle area guy here. I feel the same way. I hadn't driven for a couple of days for various reasons, and got to the point I couldn't stand it anymore. Took it out for a ride and immediately felt the same pleasure you described, yet again. It's better (maybe not cheaper, but better) than therapy.