Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello guys! Please help with used OEM Tesla spoiler!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello guys,
My name is Antonio and I have been around reading and learning for a while buy just recently opened an account. I have a question regarding a spoiler I am looking to buy on craigslist for my 2015 70D. The seller says its OEM, anyone can confirm or advice please? Says "Made in Italy" didn't know the spoilers were made outside of the US? Thanks guys!!

Tesla Spoiler.jpg

It looks legit. You could probably google the part number and see what it returns.

What are they asking for it? Normally I’m picky and only choose OEM, but because Tesla charges $1,500 for a small piece of carbon fiber I found a knock off on Amazon for ~$200. I’ve parked my 75D next to performance models before...I couldn’t pick the two spoilers apart in a lineup.

I scored an OEM spoiler on Craigslist a couple years ago, the tag looked just like that. Make sure you follow the instructions and buy some of the 3M adhesive accelerator stuff to put on the car before install.

Thanks for the replies guys! will buy the spoiler with some peace of mind now, any shop recommendations to have it installed in the Bay Area? I will pick it up tomorrow and the guy will take $650 for it. Thanks!!

Just and FYI, there's a very nice aftermarket carbon fiber spoiler on Amazon for $200. I bought it before I received my MS Performance not knowing it was coming with one. After I received my car I compared and the non-OEM from amazon was a larger bigger which I like better. I decided to just sell it though as I didn't want to mess with the one already installed.

Quality between the two was the same on close inspection. If I didn't have one, I wouldn't hesitate to go with the cheaper one.

Just and FYI, there's a very nice aftermarket carbon fiber spoiler on Amazon for $200. I bought it before I received my MS Performance not knowing it was coming with one. After I received my car I compared and the non-OEM from amazon was a larger bigger which I like better. I decided to just sell it though as I didn't want to mess with the one already installed.

Quality between the two was the same on close inspection. If I didn't have one, I wouldn't hesitate to go with the cheaper one.
Great to hear this feedback! Link please?

I took delivery of a performance raven model s about a month ago. Both ends of the spoiler are already separated about an eighth of an inch from the hatch.

Mine, delivered in mid-June, had exactly the same problem. I took pictures and Service Center said they will fix it. I had my wrap guy take it off, so it's sitting on a shelf right now waiting for my next SC trip (it's two hours away).

My Owner Advisor told me before the car was delivered that it would not come with a spoiler so I'd purchased a third-party one. They do look slightly different in finish (matte versus glossy), so I think I'll put the OEM on back one and sell the third-party one.