Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help: Bosch Icon Wiper blades - can't seem to install them!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to install the Bosch 19OE blade and something is blocking it from going in the last 1/4". I've shaved it back as shown in the photos (and then some). After battling it for a while I'm stumped. Has anyone encountered this and have a suggestion?

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1674 2.jpg

I'm trying to install the Bosch 19OE blade and something is blocking it from going in the last 1/4". I've shaved it back as shown in the photos (and then some). After battling it for a while I'm stumped. Has anyone encountered this and have a suggestion?

View attachment 976428
View attachment 976429

Looks like you might have fiddle some more. My quick Google suggests that is a generic replacement.

This is the Bosch direct application: Amazon.com

Reactions: Flybyglass

View attachment 976428
View attachment 976429
It will be hell getting it out! I got one and had to remove the arm and cut it into pieces. OEM Tesla for me now.

Reactions: rpiotro
Anyone who wants to save $5-$10 on non Tesla blades is welcome to do it and save the money.
Be prepared to modify them and maybe don’t fit the windshield correctly. The non-Tesla brand was made to fit lots of cars, not just yours, be careful of the fit. Best of luck.

Anyone who wants to save $5-$10 on non Tesla blades is welcome to do it and save the money.
Be prepared to modify them and maybe don’t fit the windshield correctly. The non-Tesla brand was made to fit lots of cars, not just yours, be careful of the fit. Best of luck.

I put on some name brand aftermarket blades that I bought on Rock Auto. It's closer to a $30 savings per pair. Rock Auto has amazing prices for wiper blades.

And they worked perfectly well.

That would be an amazing savings. The pair on the Tesla website cost $50, if you save $30, that would mean the pair cost you $20.
I was curious as to the savings so I went and googled rock auto and for the 2022 Model Y I found the more expensive version of the wiper blades totaled out to less then $20 after tax, the Flex style which are cheaper total $11.30.

1698154864784.png

I had no idea they were so cheap, I'll try them for parts as a price check from now on.

I was curious as to the savings so I went and googled rock auto and for the 2022 Model Y I found the more expensive version of the wiper blades totaled out to less then $20 after tax, the Flex style which are cheaper total $11.30.

View attachment 984907
I had no idea they were so cheap, I'll try them for parts as a price check from now on.
Careful of those, I bought the Force for my M3 and they definitely did not fit because of the bump-out on the connector which interferes with the spray nozzle. That's despite their site saying that it fits. That's why I asked @TLLMRRJ what he ordered. I also noticed is that RockAuto lists the M3 requiring a 26" and 20" wiper, but other sources indicate a 26" and a 19". So I was thinking about buying the Trick Flex 18190 (instead of the 18200 it recommends) and the 18260.

1698157581609.png

Careful of those, I bought the Force for my M3 and they definitely did not fit because of the bump-out on the connector which interferes with the spray nozzle. That's despite their site saying that it fits. That's why I asked @TLLMRRJ what he ordered. I also noticed is that RockAuto lists the M3 requiring a 26" and 20" wiper, but other sources indicate a 26" and a 19". So I was thinking about buying the Trick Flex 18190 (instead of the 18200 it recommends) and the 18260.

View attachment 984920
Good info, I haven't tried any of these, I was just checking prices. Nothing is worth it not fitting when you need.

- Bosch 19OE & Bosch 26OE
- You need to clip away the top tab so it can clear the "spray wash" mechanism.
- It should go right in.

I ordered the Bosch ICON 19OE & 26OE and mine does not look like yours?

Just curious, is it possible to simply remove the adapter from the ICON blade and put the adapter from Tesla blade in its place?

Looking at a different thread, one used did remove the adapter off the AeroTwin and swapped with the Tesla adapter even thou it looked idential.

View attachment 976428
View attachment 976429
Did you ever get it figured out? I'm having the same issue where I get stuck with about 1/4" to go.

You need the "BOSCH AeroTwin A 102 S"

They are the same ones as the ones Tesla sells only that you get a Bosh logo on them.
Those seem hard to get in Canada. However the Bosch Clear Advantage do look to be compatible and easy to get. They don't seem to be quite as good as the ICON's though.
That said, since I did purchase the ICON's, I did eventually get it to fit once I saw these two posts which showed and mentioned shaving a bit of the side away.
Same here but I cut with a different tool.

View attachment 412593
View attachment 412616

Just want to say thanks to the people in here. I've always used Bosch ICON wipers for many years and was sad to see that they didn't have them for the Model 3. Stumbled upon this thread, bought the 19OE and 26OE, followed the pics/guides here and it fit perfectly! I used needle nose pliers to chip away at that little side clip thing, took some maneuvering, twisting, and some force for some of it. I then used a box cutter to shave down some of the plastic on the side as well. Thanks everyone!

One other note, if you are getting the ICON's for a Model Y, I believe you should actually get the 26OE and the 20OE as the 19OE is a bit shorter than the original and in the Model Y manual it says you should be using 26 and 20" wipers (https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/modely/en_us/GUID-197C481B-B4D4-4973-9772-2AF488442CE1.html). Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Reactions: mcorf