Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help Clarify: Battery On Warranty or Not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Abeer

Apr 26, 2019
Qatar
I got my Model X Spring 2018 from Jordan, but I live in Qatar (no Tesla Dealer here) my 12v battery is dead now I asked them for a replacement they said if the car was in Jordan they would do it free of charge but as I live somewhere else I have to pay full price for it plus shipping. Wanted to clarify with those of you who may have any knowledge if what I was told is true or could I still have the battery for free somehow?

...true...

That is a reasonable explanation from Tesla.

When Tesla is not legally approved to do business in Qatar or any other country such as Singapore, then you are on your own on the warranty because that purchase contract is not enforceable in those countries.

Those who do not have legal Tesla business there have been either ship their cars to a country that has Tesla legal business there or in the past, the owners would pay to fly some do-it-yourself experts with expenses paid into those countries.

That is a reasonable explanation from Tesla.

When Tesla is not legally approved to do business in Qatar or any other country such as Singapore, then you are on your own on the warranty because that purchase contract is not enforceable in those countries.

Those who do not have legal Tesla business there have been either ship their cars to a country that has Tesla legal business there or in the past, the owners would pay to fly some do-it-yourself experts with expenses paid into those countries.

Thanks for your response Tam, I have actually suggested the latter but was refused, is there a way to convince them perhaps?

Thanks for your response Tam, I have actually suggested the latter but was refused, is there a way to convince them perhaps?

Tesla does not send mobile service to countries that they don't sell there.

In your case, maybe just pay for a local mechanic to change the 12V battery for you.

It's a well-known problem for buying Tesla in non-supported countries. You need to have lots of cash for repairs.

Reactions: Rocky_H