Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

HELP! Dropped something behind the lid, how do I get it out ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was sewing on a custom wheel cover - when one of the sewing needles dropped behind the flip up lid on my Model 3 (I know, l'm an idiot).

Didn't bother me at first but I had the AC cranked today (hot outside: () and I started hearing very loud rattling from the center console that sounds like it's the needle.

I tried removing the passenger side carpeted side of the center console but I couldn't find anything.

Any solution?? Thanks!!

IMG_1627.jpeg

I was looking at something like this!

Unfortunately - inserting from the top (where the lid folds back) would be too tight. I tried sliding a long card and it’ll barely fit.

There’s an option to go from the “side” where I can remove the carpeted side of the centre console. This will give me access to the ‘floor’ of the vehicle - but I am unsure if the space behind the lid would lead to the floor space, or if the needle is trapped in the cubby in there.

Upvote 0
UPDATE 1:

Ok - found some photos of the ‘front’ center console section the includes the fold up lid, cup holders, and the phone charger section.

Looks like the entire bottom is enclosed from the ‘floor’ of the vehicle - meaning prying at the side of the center console still won’t give me access. Not sure how the HVAC system affected this though ?

Anyone have a good tutorial on how to remove this section of the console ? Thanks!

IMG_1632.jpeg

IMG_1631.jpeg

Upvote 0