TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Help identify these springs & shocks...

Discussion in 'Roadster: Technical' started by nick, Apr 5, 2016.

1. nick

nick Member

The ride height on my 1.5 is about 0.75" lower on one side which Tesla diagnosed as a blown rear shock.

Rob at Dietschwerks too a look and noticed the springs and shocks didn't match left vs right.

On one side the shock is labeled Tesla 6000012 and F4-BE3-E071-T0 which seems to be normal for the Roadster.
    The other side is labeled F4-BE3-E071-T1 (no Tesla markings).

The spring on the other side is labeled A126D0037H which seems to be normal.
    The spring on one side is labeled B126D0060H which seems to be something different.

Does anyone know what the B126D0060H spring is?

2. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

I presume you have the standard non-adjustables given the part number above. Here's a link to the part numbers on what both the shock and spring should have:

Tesla Roadster Suspension Bilstein Shocks

My best guess is that there's a Lotus spring/shock in there which is most likely not valved for a heavier weighted car and same with the springs. Roadster Springs are stiffer / higher spring force per pound than the Elise. However I'd believe Rob should know or could have looked up the Elise part numbers for you unless he didn't have the time.

Anyways the stock shock/springs suck on the Roadster big time for handling / safety in my opinion. I can't believe someone bought a set at $500 in that link I showed you. I threw mine in the trashcan @ 15k miles. Total junk, but worse is your life and you're Roadster is on the line. There's no way I could ever feel good to sell a pair to someone who'd throw them on the Roadster. They might work well on an Elise just as they are. But then again, why throw something like this on it while you're in there doing the work.

3. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

#3 wiztecy, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    Here's a hit in post #31 of this vx220 forum where a person believes the shock number is indeed a Lotus part number. However there was no other confirmation:
    Bilstein Adjustable Suspension - Ride Height Too High - Page 2 - Tuning & Modifications

------
    I think these are the Lotus part numbers on the Eibach springs but I can't find any reference to them on any parts site.

Front springs A126C0030H also says 48/09
    Rear springs B126D0060H also says 15/10

If anybody else can find out any info on these that could help.
    ------

Anyways, was your car ever in an accident? Are you the original owner?