Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help identify this sound!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mayhem

Professional F5 Presser
Apr 27, 2018
USA
2013 Model S 60 another weird sound. Please identify if you can. The sound is on when I enter the car before turning on anything, usually with a full battery in the AM. Muting the speakers has no effect. Turning the car off in the MCU settings menu gets rid of it but just as long as the car is off. Seems to be coming from the front most part of the dash. Might have to turn your speakers up for this. Goes away with driving after 0-2 min....

2013 Model S 60 another weird sound. Please identify if you can. The sound is on when I enter the car before turning on anything, usually with a full battery in the AM. Muting the speakers has no effect. Turning the car off in the MCU settings menu gets rid of it but just as long as the car is off. Seems to be coming from the front most part of the dash. Might have to turn your speakers up for this. Goes away with driving after 0-2 min....

I would try higher octane gas and see if the knocking stops.:D

Sometimes, I get the same sound on my S85. It usually when I enter the car and after a drive for a little bit. I seem to hear it on colder days. To me, it sounds a floppy drive at it's loudest, a hard drive when it's quieter, or a little bit like a refrigerator defrosting. If it were a fan bearing, I would think it happens all the time.