Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! Moving - Uninstall Tesla Wall Connector?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone! I'll be moving soon and was hoping to save some money by taking the Wall Connector with me and having someone reinstall in my new space. Anyone have any experience with this? I initially wanted to uninstall myself but shockingly am unable to find any videos on how to do it (plus, I am pregnant so not sure if I should be trying this sort of risky work!)

1. If you've done it yourself, please let me know how (was it easy? hard?) or link me.
2. If you've paid someone to do it, how much was it and did they remove the entire line to the electrical box or just the charger itself?
3. If you've moved and left your connector and bought a new one, please let me know your thought process.

Appreciate any insight anyone can provide here!

Hi Everyone! I'll be moving soon and was hoping to save some money by taking the Wall Connector with me and having someone reinstall in my new space. Anyone have any experience with this? I initially wanted to uninstall myself but shockingly am unable to find any videos on how to do it (plus, I am pregnant so not sure if I should be trying this sort of risky work!)

1. If you've done it yourself, please let me know how (was it easy? hard?) or link me.
2. If you've paid someone to do it, how much was it and did they remove the entire line to the electrical box or just the charger itself?
3. If you've moved and left your connector and bought a new one, please let me know your thought process.

Appreciate any insight anyone can provide here!

If you didnt install it yourself, you shouldnt remove it yourself. If you decide to take it, you would be taking just the wall connector and its mounting plate. The rest of the electrical run is a part of the residence its attached to. You would also need to cap off the electrical cables safely.

If you dont have someone who is competent with electrical who will do this for you for free, you should leave it alone, or be prepared to pay at least an electricians trip charge to do this. Just spitballing a number, if you have to call someone to do it, its likely going to be $100 to $200.

If it is a gen 3 Wall Connector, I would suggest just taking the Wall Connector off of the mounting base, and then buy a new mounting base to have installed at your new location.

It only costs $65 and includes all the hardware you would need: