Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HELP - need service and Tesla App problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My roadster needs servicing and I learned that scheduling is only done via the Tesla App. I loaded the App on my phone and when I attempt to login I get the message "Sign-In Failed - There are no products linked to your Tesla account". I tried resetting my password - no help. I sent a message to Tesla support - no response. I decided to post on the forum because you guys know EVERYTHING.

What should I do?

Thanks,
Don

Can you still find you car in you online Tesla account? Or put another way does the App support Roadsters? I've heard that there is no one left at Tesla that can service roadsters but I agree with the previous post that will probably have to go to a SC. Some people do report getting an answer on the telephone be it after hours of ringing.

App does not support the roadster. A lot of places do not answer the phone and certainly they are hit and miss. There are plenty of Techs out there, trouble is they are swamped with other models. Or they have moved, there are other places to go to now if they are within reach but the most decisive way is to turn up.

My roadster needs servicing and I learned that scheduling is only done via the Tesla App. I loaded the App on my phone and when I attempt to login I get the message "Sign-In Failed - There are no products linked to your Tesla account". I tried resetting my password - no help. I sent a message to Tesla support - no response. I decided to post on the forum because you guys know EVERYTHING.

What should I do?

Thanks,
Don
It turns out the app only works for Models S,X and 3. For my SC, I sometimes reach a human being by going through the phone tree via service, then "inquire about your service or parts". But usually they don't answer, so I get in my car and drive there. That always works.

The only way I've made actual contact with the service center here is either by driving there, or (once, recently!) by calling them. Usually calling just results in getting redirected to voice mail, but I've never gotten a call back. I guess if you keep redialing, it might eventually work, but depending on where you live, it might be quicker to drive.

Calling the "emergency" roadside service resulted in me being put on hold for about a half hour, after which I hung up never having actually talked to anyone.

Wow. Timely thread for me (nothing to suggest for the original poster, sorry; we have shared but different pain.)

I'm trying to see about the Tesla insurance available in CA. Every path, including calling, keeps pointing me to the app, which will not work because I do not have proof of purchase on account of how I have not yet actually purchased the car. My plan is to buy and then to take a road trip, so it would be Really Good to have the insurance in place for the day I purchase. So now that I hear the app is not even an option how do I go about getting Roadster insurance through Tesla, which they apparently do offer? Any hints?

Second, I spent the morning doing the button mashing dance as @Panicopticon (great user name) suggests, this time to try to get an appointment scheduled with a service tech as soon as I get the car home. I did, eventually, get a human. He was very nice but utterly unable to help. He told me to have the seller transfer the seller's Tesla account over to me, to save the three weeks time to get a new account verified for me (!). And only then am I allowed to schedule time with the service department. And from what I'm reading here, that's not an option, since the app does not support the Roadster. So, thanks all, for saving me a three week wait for a brick wall at the end. Show up in person for service since no one answers phones (true) or replies to email (true): so noted.

What does Tesla do for owners who do not have smart phones?

I am already a little frustrated; I can only imagine how bad it is for Roadster owners who have not found this forum.

A couple of months ago I reached out to [email protected] to ask the same question re. Tesla app use for Roadster owners, and got the following answer:

As it stands right now, we recommend reaching out through our Chat option through the site or calling your local Service center to schedule appointments but, your suggestion makes sense to me and I will definitely forward it to our Feature request team. I can't promise if/when this feature will become available but I know our team reviews every customer request seriously.

Long story short, I can only +1 the recommendation to show up at the nearest SC in person. Sadly it's been the only reliable way for me to get a service appointment when I need one. No one answers the phone, ever (I've repeatedly seen in person how a constantly ringing phone is totally ignored by otherwise very friendly SC staff).

So, the Chat feature on tesla.com/support is not working. It used to be a traditional "chat" with a real live person; now it's an email-like thing that is limited to a short set of topics, none of which are for general service.

I just talked to the service center guy who has been helping with the on-going 1146 alert saga. He confirmed that the best way to get in touch with Tesla Service, other than calling or driving there, is to save the SMS message thread that you get when you have the car in for service, then just reply back to that the next time. If there's not an open order, you'll get an auto reply to that effect, but the message still gets delivered to whoever you worked with last time. They click on it, and all your info pops up on the screen, including how to contact you (phone number). This obviously doesn't work for the first appointment, but it should work after that.

I’ve had good luck emailing the service center. They usually respond within a day or two. The online chat function does not work in the browsers I use. When I send a message through the website I get a response in 2-3 weeks. It’s useless.

However, I’ve had local SC email info on file from the earlier days. I’m not sure how to get email info if you don’t have it already.

Also, I now try to avoid Tesla working on my Roadster at all costs. Many of their newer techs lack the knowledge and skills to service the Roadster. I had a bad experience this summer, but that’s a story for a different time (and detailed in a different thread).

I doubt they will insure a roadster, that’s why they may not be returning your calls.
I managed to get someone from Tesla insurance on the phone who claimed they do and gave me a rough estimate, but said he was in the wrong department to help beyond that. He then transferred me to someone even less able to help, which dead-ended in "use the app." I did not yet understand that the app will not work for Roadsters.

And in writing that down, it occurs to me @X.l.r.8 is more likely to be correct than the person who works in Tesla's insurance company.

Reactions: AtAge19